fraud charge yet dispute deemed authorized without any due diligence by Paypal

jaysel11
Contributor
Contributor

I want my money back!

I was alerted by text about a Paypal transaction that was clearly fraudulent and unauthorized. The merchant was one which I have never done business with JM Bullion  nor do I ever buy jewelry or coins. The address that was used for the delivery is in Las Vegas using my name. I have no association with any address or anyone in Vegas. I immediately filed a dispute and within 4 hours Paypal responded which appears remarkable considering the times:

"Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection.  We've noted the account changes you reported with this case."

Paypal refuses to provide any means to contest the ruling.

I have called the phone line span>  four times  from May 4 - 6th and on each occasion I am told by answering system after redirecting through a phone maze taking several minutes that they will not be providing any customer service because of the corona virus. The customer service that you get from Citi card Mastercard or Bank of America Visa during the corona virus or several local banks I do business is far more responsive, they all make inquiries into the claims that are far less superficial in their due diligence.  This needs to be rectified. I own sock in Paypal and this disappoints me greatly.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jonathanxavier
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar problem.  I mistyped an email and sent the payment to the wrong person.  I disputed it with Paypal and they closed it just like your comment above.  I am trying to escalate it and will check with my bank.  

Login to Me Too

jaysel11
Contributor
Contributor

My bank did stop payment but then it also will remain on the Paypal balance. They contacted me and told me to send a written letter to further appeal. They want to make things difficult hoping I will just go away. I have not seen that kind of hard ball in any credit card or bank. Paypal is really sticking its head in the sand for customer service during the corona virus and the stock has never been higher. Go figure. I actually own shares of paypal and strongly considered selling it. Maybe this hardball technique makes them more profitable than the other players

Login to Me Too

mzeeshanhussain
New Community Member

I just have the same issue and Paypal is responding me same. It Sucks. 

Clearly it is wrong shipping address but Paypal won't give a damn. Seems like it is Paypal's leaked security and they are trying to hide it, or someone internal is doing it.

PAYPAL, GIVE ME MY MONEY!

Login to Me Too

jaysel11
Contributor
Contributor

I did file a Better Business Bureau complaint. I was amazed how diligent the BBB has become, it actually resolved an issue with a Cell phone company once. Too many complaints with BBB may be something they don't want. 

Login to Me Too

mzeeshanhussain
New Community Member

Thanks for the tip bro! I will file a complaint there. Paypal should block them until they fix it.

Curious, what was the address where it was shipped to? Do you know? Mine is: 

<Removed>

Most likely a building where no one lives, and probably someone closeby is doing this.

Login to Me Too

jaysel11
Contributor
Contributor

Harmon avenue Las Vegas NV, It is a residence but the police in Vegas just gave me the run around. The online BBB process is easy and straight forward and they do do something not like a few years ago when they did nothing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.