fraud and refund

clindas
Contributor
Contributor

1 refund missing after report 2 fraud charges on Jan 3, 2020.  I called and reported the 2 charges on Jan 4, 2020.  Paypal took care of one charge I did not make, but I'm still waiting on the other charge to be taken care of that I didn't make also.  It's been 7 days.  I had to borrow money to pay my rent due to this charge, and I'm anxious to resolve this.  I thought Pay Pal was covered when charges were made that was proven fraud.  Please anyone have any suggestions,  I have called, texted Pay Pal every day, and they tell me they will cover the last charge when they get the money from the hacker.  That doesn't make any sense to me...?????????

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clindas 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

clindas
Contributor
Contributor

I have talked to customer service every day, and they tell me they have to contact the hacker and get the money from the hacker then will refund me.

Hello,  it was a hacker, and they have to get the money from the hacker first!!  They said it usually takes 5 -7 days,  well, it's been 7 days and no refund. I thought Pay Pal would make the refund and then continue to collect the money on their part, but apparently that's not how it works.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.