Mar 28, 2018

ISOTEC ISOLIERUN IAT PAYPAL J22222BU9BVQC WEB ID: 770510487A

$1407

4/4/18 Doerfelt Iat Paypal Web ID: 770510487C $1487.00

4/23/18 Dietmar <removed> Iat Paypal Web ID: 770510487A
$1825.80

5/18/18 Isotec <removed> Iat Paypal Web ID: 770510487A
$152.99

The latest yesterday: ORIG CO NAMESmiley TongueAYPAL CO ENTRY DESCR:ECHECK SEC:WEB IND ID:52422AHUDCBH2 ORIG IDSmiley TongueAYPALEC88  $2609.01

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

shuohus
New Community Member

I had the same issue. I found several unauthorized transactions from PayPal in June. I immediately disconnected my Chase account from PayPal and then filed a claim to Chase Bank. Luckily, Chase returned the money back to me. However, I found another unauthorized transaction yesterday even my Chase account has not been linked to the PayPal account for a month.

In theory, Chase and PayPal are still figuring out what was happening. But I'm going to close my Chase account, create a new one and never use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

LittleNetworks
Contributor
Contributor

The transactions aren't going thru my PayPal account, only the Chase account but being transferred to PayPal accounts:

ACH debt transactions fraud from Chase bank account to PayPal ID:

PayPal needs to shut down these accounts and try to recover some of the money... 

WHat system are they using to find and shut down the scammers? 

If they don't fix it, they will lose the public's faith in their security. 

Login to Me Too

rlee0731
Contributor
Contributor

Same fraud charge on my Chase account directly from PAYPALEC88, nothing shows on my own Paypal account. Below is what's shown from my Chase account transaction.

Type:

ACH debit

Description:

ORIG CO NAME:PAYPAL CO ENTRY DESCR:ECHECK SEC:WEB IND ID:SWINPUBINT ORIG ID:PAYPALEC88

Login to Me Too

Lorenzoem87
Contributor
Contributor
Same bs charge here. Now to change my Chase account.
Login to Me Too

dismay
New Community Member

Hi everyone 

You do not have to close your chase or paypal account 

I had the same problem and could not see any transaction on my paypal 

If you sell something on ebay ( international ) Different Currency

Check your refunded transactions or go to activity section and search for echeck payments ( filter )

You will see international refunded transaction but amount is not going to be same because of currency difference 

Click details and see USD amount will match with your bank account

They collected that money from your bank account

Thank you

Login to Me Too

scottykunkel23
New Community Member

Same thing happened here! From my Chase account via "ECheck" to Paypal ID: PAYPALEC88

Login to Me Too

DrLes88
New Community Member

Just happened to one of my accounts today.  Any updates as to what Paypal is doing?

Login to Me Too

EllBee
Contributor
Contributor

I just noticed a fraudulent charge on my chase savings account.  I don't have any Chase bank accounts associated with my paypal.  I think the issue is with Chase...don't see any other banks with complaints here...

Login to Me Too

Maxson13
New Community Member

Just happened to me just now.  With same  ID:PAYPALEC88 from my Chase account.  I do not have this account linked to any paypal account either and it said it was a PAYPAL ECHECK by ACH debit.  On phone with Chase and they are telling me to close this account.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.