far inferior product sent and refund only offered if i post it back to china in 8 days

alrac
Contributor
Contributor

I raised a claim through the resolution centre when I was sent a very cheap small hand weeder instead of a long handled standing weeder (via an ad on Facebook - never again). I've been offered a full refund if I send the item back by 21 September, which only gives me 5 business days to get it all the way from Australia to China. The address I've been given is all in Chinese characters (& it's loooong) and the cost of postage from my end would be $18.80 to return something I never asked for in the first place. In the resolution centre, my only option was to either post and then submit a tracking number or to cancel my claim. I am not happy with either of these options, so I put some details in the tracking number section to say that I still want a refund but do not want to go to the expense of shipping back the far inferior product (worth only about $3-4 at most) when there's no way it would even arrive by that date! Please advise how I can get my refund. Is there even a number you can call paypal on?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

AndyT8
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me - ordered a crockery set and got sent a cheap fake ring instead. PayPal are taking the side of the criminals and insisting I return the fake goods at my own cost, which is almost as much as the original order cost. They know it makes no sense to do that but still denied my claim so they can keep their cut of the fraudulent transaction! PayPal’s collusion with criminals stinks!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.