fake website?

stevilsize
New Community Member

Please advise me!

My PayPal receipt says the payment went to <removed>, but the site I ordered the leaf blower from was called Purgarden (<Removed>).

Did I just get tricked into ordering from a fake website? 

I did email them and asked why I didn't receive a confirmation, but I haven't heard back.

What should I do? Will PayPal protect me? 
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

NancyJk
Contributor
Contributor

I too ordered from Purgarden <removed> Gave proof from UPS to PayPal that tracking number went to different address and person. Even went to that address and they didn't receive item either. PayPal denied my claim anyway. PayPal supports scam companies.

Login to Me Too

Djtoay
Contributor
Contributor
Hey guys, I too ordered a Toro snowblower from Purgarden.com. 3 days later, I hadn't recieved any confirmation of my order, so I checked out the website again. It seemed really fishy, so I disputed it through PayPal. 2 days later they sent a shipping update, stating it had shipped. I did recieve the snow blower I ordered. However, it came fresh from Home Depot. No order slip or any mention of Purgarden at all. Super weird. Not sure if they went out and bought one to avoid exposing a scam or what.
Login to Me Too

Broke_Pilot
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered from PurGarden and had some issues. After multi emails and voicemails left with the seller I contacted paypal. PayPal did nothing because the seller did ship the item, but the item was incorrect. PayPal told me to return the item. I received the item from California but the seller wanted me to send it back to Vietnam.. The cost of shipping was far beyond the cost of the item. PayPal said it couldn’t do anything about that. Luckily I bought with my credit card and they quickly handled the issue.
Login to Me Too

bprobson3
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  Never received merchandise.  Attempts to contact merchant unsuccessful.  Phone number not legit.  Does not answer emails.  Filed dispute with PayPal and was issued a refund.  Purgarden website is still operational as of 12/1/19, even updated with "Holiday Shopping Deals"!

Login to Me Too

scoplunk
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to get my case resolved with this seller for over a month and finally got the dispute decided in my favor yesterday. I just wanted to say the the experience taught me a few things about the entire dispute process and I really owe the people at Paypal that I talked to a big thank you for that. I sometimes found the automated dispute process a little frustrating and the responses so brief that they were confusing. I was never sure what other information they needed from me to prove that I didn't receive the merchandise that the seller supposedly sent to me (it seems like the email from UPS stating the tracking number the seller gave them was never intended for my address should have been enough...). If this is happening to you too, give Paypal a call. I talked to two different agents during this process and they were both really helpful.

Login to Me Too

NancyJk
Contributor
Contributor
I never received the grill I ordered from Purgarden. Paypal told me to send proof from UPS on their letterhead stating where my package actually went. Even with this proof I wad denied. I have disputed this with my credit card provider.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.