fake website?

stevilsize
New Community Member

Please advise me!

My PayPal receipt says the payment went to <removed>, but the site I ordered the leaf blower from was called Purgarden (<Removed>).

Did I just get tricked into ordering from a fake website? 

I did email them and asked why I didn't receive a confirmation, but I haven't heard back.

What should I do? Will PayPal protect me? 
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

cy1995
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I ordered a smartphone stabilizer on that website too because the price was just too good to pass up. It's been 3.5 weeks since I placed the order and I still haven't received a confirmation order. I also emailed them twice and no response. At this point, I'm very skeptical of this website and kind of regret purchasing the item from there. Please let me know if you plan to issue a refund cause if another week goes by and I still hear nothing from them, I'm planning to contact Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Grmmjsh
New Community Member
I too have been had. You would think that a business like PayPal would step in—but they don’t care.
Login to Me Too

cinematicedge
New Community Member

I also ordered an item from Purgarden and no response except a order receipt. Calls go to google voice with no answer, emails do not get returned. Wondering if anyone ever received any items from them, or I should start a fraud report with my credit card.

Login to Me Too

tran63128
New Community Member

I had same exactly problem. disputed with paypal and will with my credit card. 

Login to Me Too

cy1995
Contributor
Contributor

I started a dispute a few days ago and yesterday I got an email issuing my refund. Definitely file a dispute cause this seller and website is fake. I wish i would've filed the dispute sooner. Nonetheless, I'm receiving my refund now. Hope this helps 🙂 

Login to Me Too

candomax
Contributor
Contributor

I am going to contact my American Express, but Paypal says we should be protected from fraud from this site.  We shall see

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @candomax

I can certainly understand how concerning something like this can be. If you have any issues, you can certainly file a dispute with us. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

candomax
Contributor
Contributor

I did and PayPal has taken care of this seller.

Thank You PayPal

Diane Salsburg

Login to Me Too

scoplunk
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same kinds of problems with Purgarden as everyone else in this thread and am trying to figure out what these guys are doing. First of all, they didn't charge any state tax even though they're located in California and so am I. I kept waiting for it to be added to my order and when I was finished ordering and it hadn't been added, that was my first red flag. I hadn't received a confirmation from the company directly by the next day, so I wrote to them and I tried to call and got Google Voice (second red flag) and never got a reply. I've written and called numerous times at this point and have never heard a word from them. The story gets longer and crazier and is still in progress, but what caught my eye in the first post was the name on the transaction. The name on my transaction is NGUYEN <removed>, which is different from the name on the transaction in the first post. Is it possible that all of us are having problems with the same company but Paypal is unaware of that because different seller names are being put on each invoice so it isn't easy to see that these transactions are all related? Something is really wrong here. If anyone gets more info, please pass it along. I'm still trying to get my money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.