fake website Debramall was the site and click on my order status and it goes to a Dodokii store site

timariena
Contributor
Contributor

I had ordered some chairs from a website...Debramall....get an email saying they were getting my order ready. They would notify me when order was ready.

I click on the order summary to view my order and says 404 page not found. Says page doesn't exist. and to click something to continue shopping and its a different store front website.  The money has been taking out of my account.  Bottom of both webpages is different with different email addresses.. I have contacted them through email and have not gotten no response in over two weeks.  I cant find a telephone number to contact them.  I feel like it was a scammed website..What should I do?  I tried getting help through Paypal and they declined my help.  Is there anything I can do?

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

Liseeeeeeeee
Contributor
Contributor
Any joy on your refund or chairs?
Login to Me Too

leahclaire
Contributor
Contributor

I also purchased these chairs through a facebook ad.  They sent me a shipping notification with a tracking number.  What I received today was a cheap plastic air pump worth less than $1.  Lesson learned.  Hoping paypal will refund me.

Login to Me Too

alexrichardson
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the exact same, purchased off a facebook ad presuming it must be genuine if on facebook. Debramall. After I complained, and started a case with Paypal they emailed and sent tracking info. Item delivered today. Cheap plastic gold coloured band ring! Not even close to sun loungers!

Paypal won't let me addd any info to the case in the resolution centre, but because DEBRA MALL have uploaded tracking info and it has been delivered, they will unlikely refund. I have tried to call Paypal but cannot get through to speak to a person. I have messaged through the chat, only to get a stock reply from the chat adviser. Clearly this is a scam and other people are having the same issue, come on Paypal, sort it out. Please get in touch with us and issue refunds! Expect better from such a well established company with a good reputation for customer service.

Case ID: PP-D-72011202

Login to Me Too

Willow4453
Contributor
Contributor
Couldn’t agree more - awaiting case being decided on by PayPal they have emailed Debramail 🙄 I also emailed debramail - who actually relied!!! Asking for evidence of packaging recd and order number etc. But I’ve not heard anything since
Login to Me Too

Willow4453
Contributor
Contributor
So I’ve been offered a 50% refund - I’ve refused it. So let’s see what happens
Login to Me Too

griffdlk
Contributor
Contributor

There is an option to change the case type though which is what I've done. I've changed it to not as described and that let me add a response so I could advise about the plastic ring [which I have also now received today].

That's moved out my resolution date to mid-August so we'll see what happens.

Login to Me Too

MichelleON
I've the same problem, I ordered sun loungers on 2nd June and received a cheap gold band/ring in the post today. Had been issued with a tracking number and now it says delivered. Had tried to email a number of times and no joy either!
Login to Me Too

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

if paypal didnt help just do a chargeback over your credit card or sepa direct debit, depends how paypal get the money from you. they will close your account if u didnt pay it again to paypal but **bleep** at the account if they help scammers.

Login to Me Too

lulu12341
Contributor
Contributor
how do you do a chargeback
Login to Me Too

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

@lulu12341  i can directly do it online over my bank account. if this is not possible for you call your bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.