fake tracking number

shaz73
New Community Member

hi i wonder if anyone has had a fake tracking number given an although i told paypal the number given by the chinese seller was fake they stil found in the sellers favour, and they have closed the case!! im at a loss as of what to do next

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Meak1
Contributor
Contributor
Same just happen to me. I have been paypal member for last 29 years and allways under impression that "I'm covered" from scams. Not any more. Recently purchased merchandise on internet just to realized next day that web page is gone. Trying to contact "seller" just to realized that Company address, phone number and email address is all fake. Contacted paypal and file claim. Next day noticed that my claim is closed becouse seller provide a tracking number. Tracking number wasn't mine. Paypal will not talk to me any more. I think we should stick all together and class action lawsuit again Paypal will should help us out.
Login to Me Too

JayDee90
Contributor
Contributor
Talk to your cc company. After it's not pending, call cc company and let them know what is going on. Mine reversed the charge and PayPal was UNLESS!
Login to Me Too

Jamieddashp
Contributor
Contributor
This is also happening to me. I was provided a tracking number that says that my package was delivered two days before I bought it. When I called UPS they verified that the package was not delivered to my house with the tracking number but would not give me any other information. PayPal has been unhelpful. PayPal will not answer the phone. The people in the message center area unable to help with the dispute. The RESOLUTION center ruled in favor of the seller because they provided a tracking number. I am out $233. The seller is unresponsive. PAYPAL is not helping me. I need HELP.
Login to Me Too

Tam7509
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to solve this exact issue right now! I provide PayPal with all the info! Everything is fake!! Website taking down, phony tracking number, shipper keeps saying they are shipping the same item! PayPal never investigated it! There never bother to look up the info!!! Now they closed the case! I can’t reopen it! The whole point of PayPal is to have some protection against this! My order was only $47.44 but still!! I asked for the proof where was is delivered the tracking still says shipped from China. Which on the site initially said shipped from USA. I mean I have all the emails and everything!
Login to Me Too

Jamieddashp
Contributor
Contributor
This is so frustrating! It makes it seem like PayPal is also in on the scam! No one will help me!
Login to Me Too

Tam7509
Contributor
Contributor
My thoughts exactly! We can’t all be saying the same thing! I provided tracking numbers and emails! Nothing says delivered! Emails say are saying sorry for the delay! These people deleted there website! I’m getting the same probably auto generated email! It make me reconsider all transactions through PayPal now. It’s supposed to be safer. I totally feel scammed
Login to Me Too

Jamieddashp
Contributor
Contributor
No one is answering the phone at PAYPAL and the messaging reps are useless with disputes. I have messaged them on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM. I don’t know what else to do. I can clearly point out that this is a SCAM and PAYPAL has denied my claim THREE times.
Login to Me Too

Tam7509
Contributor
Contributor
Basically it’s looking like a lost cause! I emailed the company again I’m waiting on the response! Then I’m gonna to give it to PayPal again! I have been read other post about this it seems PayPal usually sides with the vendors. At this point it worthless to continue to use PayPal. I mean it’s oblivious! I sent email showing they hadn’t even shipped it when they claim they did several times. Today if you look up the tracking number it shows the same thing since 5/4. PayPal has to be in on it! The whole reason you use them is to stop stuff like this from happening! And when it does they provide no resolution
Login to Me Too

Ellen2012
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me and because they provided a tracking number they decided in the vendor favor. Out 100 bucks I thought I’d be safe if I bought it through PayPal. I even told them the tracking number was fake!!! I guess they don’t even read it. wasn’t even delivered to my address on my PayPal profile!!
Login to Me Too

scampals
Contributor
Contributor

Me too! All of the above is true. They have got to be in on the scam. It is so obvious. There will be a class action lawsuit over this. By the way my tracking number was provided by the criminals at paypal and it was delivered two day prior to my purchase. This is negligence on their part. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.