fake tracking number

shaz73
New Community Member

hi i wonder if anyone has had a fake tracking number given an although i told paypal the number given by the chinese seller was fake they stil found in the sellers favour, and they have closed the case!! im at a loss as of what to do next

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Ellen2012
Contributor
Contributor
I actually tweeted UPS and verified that the address that’s on my PayPal account AND on the receipt from that vendor, was NOT the address that the item was delivered to,and PayPal did finally give me my money back!
Login to Me Too

scampals
Contributor
Contributor

UPS verified to me the merchant is not the same and the shipping address is not mine. However this solves nothing. Paypal is not going to verify this. I have no way to show this to these people. It was just me and UPS.

Login to Me Too

Ellen2012
Contributor
Contributor
I Actually screenshot of the tweet from UPS that said it was delivered to a different address. NOT address it should’ve been delivered to. (sent UPS the screenshot of that as well )It was a series of screenshots, but you can send attachments to PayPal for them to look at. It took a while but it finally did work. It was more about the jerk scamming me than 100 bucks!!
Login to Me Too

scampals
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I feel the same. I got scammed out of $260 but am more appalled by the way paypal is so negligent and unresponsive to this issue. I thought I proved my point within days of the transaction, however they sided with the criminal as in so many other instances. The money is long gone so this has to be costing them money. It seems like it would be cheaper to verify the tracking numbers in the first place. Oh well. I will never use payfoul again.

Login to Me Too

big_claw
New Community Member

I agree with you. I got scammed in the same fashion and soon after I write this message I will be canceling my paypal account and putting them in my rearview mirror forever.

Login to Me Too

Daddy2ah
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing is happening to me. Fake tracking by a company in China who fronted themselves as a name brand company here. I was sent a tracking number that shows my package was delivered the day before I ordered it. PayPal has closed two of my cases siding with the seller when it’s obvious it’s fraud. I think PayPal is in on it too and there needs to be some sort of class action lawsuit.
Login to Me Too

brian200001
Contributor
Contributor

I will NEVER EVER EVER use PAYPAL again for purchases from unknown stores. 

The scam is simple.  As long as the fraudulent scammer issues you a RE-USED, ALREADY USED, COMPLETELY UNRELATED tracking number, then the PAYPAL Dispute Process throws you into a "LOST SHIPPING" category instead of a FRAUD category.

I threatened them with the Illinois Better Business Bureau, The Illinois Consumer Protection Agency, etc. and STILL I received countles, endless support people from India reading a scripted answer telling me we must wait for the Store to respond in 30 days.

I was FURIOUS. I demanded to speak to supervisor after supervisor as well as their legal department. I threatened PAYPAL that they were not upholding their LEGAL OBLIGATION to protect the consumer.  Instead they were bending over backwards to protect the fradulent Store to support their scams.

It's a disgrace and something I will NEVER subject myself to.  I will purchase with a CREDIT CARD and if there is the first hint of an issue, you simply CALL your credit card company and they place an immediate hold on the charge.   

NO MORE PAYPAL.  NEVER.

p.s. They eventually found in my favor because the store never responded.   But what a waste of time.  I am GLAD that PAYPAL showed me what GARBAGE their support has become.  WHAT A DISGUSTING Company to put the consumer through such BS.

Login to Me Too

brian200001
Contributor
Contributor

Help. I have the same issue and Paypal is pretending that it is a regular shipping issue and giving the scam merchant two weeks to respond. Paypal is HELPING the scam merchant commit fraud against me by ignoring all of the information I gave them. Paypal can clearly see the tracking number is a fake scam since it shows the merchandise was delivered to a different address 2 weeks before my purchase. 

There are consumer protection laws and I will be submitting a claim to the illinois consumer protection agency since Paypal refuses to do nothing and stand behind the merchant instead of the consumer.   Terrible for trust.   Why would Paypal work hard to support merchant fraud instead of coming to the rescue of the people being scammed?

They also keep dumping my case to a new person that only pretends to read all the details.  The last person told me to escalate in resolution center but it does not allow me to do so until 5 more days. Just enough time for them to be gone!!!!!

Login to Me Too

nodelivery

I am having a similar issue. Please let's connect all together and sue Paypal all together.

Login to Me Too

Daddy2ah
Contributor
Contributor
I agree. We need to all sue PayPal. This is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.