fake paypal charge on my credit card PAYPAL MRIDGE1

331jst

in July my credit card was charged $72.50, and the charge was  paypal with MRIDGE1 in the description. the problem is I rarely if ever use my credit card for paypal, and there is no record of this charge in my PayPal account at all. the charge was reversed, then reinstated.  the credit card did not tell me who it was or what I bought, they offered no proof the charge was legit.

anyone else have anything like this happen and how did you resolve it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

331jst

thanks for the reply.  I was unaware of charges showing up as Paypal when I didn't use it.  my email trash folder does not go back far enough to check emails for this transaction in July. 

I'm single and male, I did not buy any dresses.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@331jst 

If you didn't use credit card through PayPal, you may have used your credit card without logging in to PayPal account to checkout with. Check your email inbox for any email receipts for the purchase according to date. Some merchants process payments through PayPal, not necessarily because you used your PayPal account to buy.

A google search turns up a seller at Poshmark with that screen name so maybe you bought some clothing (formal dresses) from that site?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

331jst

thanks for the reply.  I was unaware of charges showing up as Paypal when I didn't use it.  my email trash folder does not go back far enough to check emails for this transaction in July. 

I'm single and male, I did not buy any dresses.

Login to Me Too

331jst

while not a complete solution at least now I know why it did not show up in paypal.. Ill have to look around and see if I bought anything new and forgot about it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.