fake business selling keen shoes any body else had this problem

marshalltucker3
Contributor
Contributor
13 REPLIES 13

bristolhogg
Contributor
Contributor

My Keen fraudulent seller was Rose Winters.

Login to Me Too

Santachiara
New Community Member

Me too - on 6/24/20 via a FB add. So far, I've had no luck even getting a fraud inquiry from PayPal because the scam add redirected me from a credit card processing sight to paypal - without allowing me to check in. So I have order numbers but because it's not on my account, I can't get past Paypal's automated account to a human being. 

Login to Me Too

Daniniowa
New Community Member

Yes, they were advertising on Facebook. It seemed reasonable that they would be dumping product due to marginal sales during the pandemic, but when i noticed the same ad with a different URL I got suspicious and googled them . 

http://www.foreshadowboxer.com/writing/2019/4/26/new-phishing-scam-goes-unchecked-by-facebook

Login to Me Too

Clark23

Yes - I got scammed, too. I ordered on June 24th. The bogus tracking number shows a delivery of the order on June 9th!!  PayPal resolved the claim, sayin the seller provided a tracking number. Despite the fact that it defies time and physics. I am trying to speak to a human at PayPal but can’t get through. It’s very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

base77
New Community Member

I am in the exact same position. As soon as I completed the purchase I read through comments on the facebook posting saying it was a scam.

Using Paypal for my purchase I wasn't really sweating it know that there is buyer protection.

I checked my account a few minutes later and saw that the transaction was for a company named with chinese characters, not Keen.

I immediately filed a dispute claiming that the seller was not who the represented themselves to be.

Then a day goes by and I get a notification that the tracking information had been added and that the package was delivered. There was no package at my house and I had to open a dispute with the USPS to locate the package. Let me note that I know my mailman and I have a front porch to my home and packages are always left on the porch. He doesn't recall the package but that doesn't mean much as I get packages often.

Once USPS finished their research into the delivery, they mentioned that based on their GPS tracking info that they use with carriers, the package was addressed to the wrong address. They provided no other info.

I am now trying to get someone from paypal on the phone to discuss since their dispute process is actually allowing these types of scams to occur.

The fact that facebook allows these advertisers and paypal also allows payment to be made is beyond me. I'm losing my faith in paypal as of lately.

I am currently waiting for a "call back" from a paypal representative to discuss further. I will update this post when I know more.

Login to Me Too

Jane180
New Community Member

I made the same mistake. Now my payment is pending. What can I do to get my money back?

Login to Me Too

Daniniowa
New Community Member

I am here to find that out too. 

Login to Me Too

awells324
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a little late to this discussion. Finally combed back through my bank records. Paid $79 through Paypal on 6/26/20 for Keen shoes I never received. Has anyone received a resolution to this? Unsure where to go next. Never received a tracking number or any other info. Purchased through a Facebook ad.

Login to Me Too

jabauman
Contributor
Contributor

Yes!  I saw the Keen ad on Facebook, clicked the link and nearly placed an order.  The site looked legit and had amazing prices, but when I started to confirm my order with Paypal, the merchant name came up as huyong[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]com, not Keen, so I  knew something was wrong.  Next time I see the ad, I will report it to Facebook, so others don't lose their money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.