failure to honor listing

JRMac
New Community Member

I placed an order on for an item sold by Office  Depot.  I received a confirmation and shipping promise.  Net I received a notice of refund for the item with no explanation.  Do I have any recourse?  I needed it and even though I can get it from another source, they caused a three day delay on an ongoing project. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JRMac 

You can't force someone to sell you to and as long as they have refunded then you can buy elsewhere.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Graceface
Contributor
Contributor
Ebay/paypal should be more mindful of the fact you're correct,if you don't want to sell to someone,you are perfectly within your rights to!. However,I recently declined to sell to someone,someone I knew from years ago and had him on my blocked bidders list then. After declining to sell to this idiot,he left me a negative feedback,my first in 20 odd years on Ebay. I then,in a deeply vengeful mood done something you're not meant to do, I won this buyers cheapest item he had for sale,and 'intended' to leave him deliberate negative feedback,however,it turned out wonderfully,as the item he sent me was broken!!!!!,and after blowing up his auction pic it was broken while he was selling it!! He sells broken goods,yet he leaves me a neg just for not wanting to sell to him??? Got to love Ebay!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Graceface 

Post that on Ebays forum, this is Paypals.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.