esculate claim

leisablu
Contributor
Contributor

I had recently filed a claim with paypal because i was scammed.  I was denied because they claim my package was delivered.  The tracking number for my product was issued with wrong name and wrong address which i have not received my package.  There no esculate claim button.  Is there another way of doing this

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leisablu 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

valmason
Contributor
Contributor

I got my claim reopened by sending e mails every day to them using the reference number.  Finally they relented as I threatened the financial services ombudsman.  it took a bit of finding but you can e mail and keep doing it. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leisablu 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

leisablu
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately you cannot call. I sent numerous of messages of the information ups provided. The seller information is not even the company I purchased from and the ship to information is not my address. I provided all the information such as address and telephone numbers to paypal. I even called the associated number where the packages delivered to and they even stated they haven't received anything. What I do not understand is that I had done more research than paypal and they closed my case claiming package was delivered. But delivered where??? Not to my residence. I requested to esculate my dispute along with all the information from ups. Haven't received a response
Login to Me Too

Hesmikeb
New Community Member
PayPal denied my claim even after I provided evidence that I received two chinese face masks instead of the swimming pool I paid for...$60....the tracking number on the mask package was the same as the tracking number provided by the seller for a pool. Obviously a scam and I guess PayPal doesn't care
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hesmikeb 

If you opened a dispute for non receipt of item then as the process is mostly automated you would lose if the seller provided trackable proof of delivery.

Why didn't you open a dispute for 'item received but not as described?'

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

valmason
Contributor
Contributor

I have a claim item not as described.  first they said it was almost the same and closed the dispute then I made so many messages that they reopened it.  I have sent the item back and have proof of receipt of it.  Still say waiting for yet more false rubbish information from the seller.  All proof sent and apparently I am covered under buyer protection but delay and delay getting my money back thanks  

Login to Me Too

valmason
Contributor
Contributor

thanks yes I have done.  first said it was very similar - they must be joking never seen such tat.  now they are awaiting buyer response.  item returned and signed for but still the crooked seller is delaying as is paypal thank you 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.