ebay protection?

MerylJ
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on ebay using my debit card but the item I received was not as described. Am I still eligible for paypal buyer protection even if I used my credit card as payment, not my paypal account? If not, what kind of protection am I eligible for? The seller has not responded to me so I'd like to escalate it. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi MerylJ,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Yes, you will still be covered for Buyer Protection on this transaction. As it was made using the Guest Checkout Process and not your active PayPal account you will need to reach out to us by phone, email, chat, Facebook or Twitter for additional assistance. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

MerylJ
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply Siobhain, I have sent an email to paypal 4 days ago about opening a dispute but still got no reply from paypal except from you. Is there any chance you could look at this?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

I'm afraid as this is a community forum, we have no access to the PayPal system. Have you tried the other contact options that are available for PayPal? If you click on the "Help" tab on the bottom of any PayPal website page, the contact options will be shown to you. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.