ebay parcel delivered but they say its not been received

Paul6674
New Community Member

I posted a parcel i sold on ebay i checked the reference number on royal mail (proof of postage) and the buyer says they have not received it, but when i go to track or trace page on the royal mail website,it says it was  delivered..what can i do with paypal about this problem? thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paul6674 

The buyer has to check with their post office, neighbors, and around their premises. Nothing you can really do if package was stolen. You are not responsible for the security of their premises. If the package was insured, you can file a claim with Royal Mail and then refund the customer but otherwise, if buyer filed an Item Not Received dispute, you would win by providing the tracking number as proof of delivery or PayPal should cover you if they filed a credit card chargeback or bank reversal.

If you self-insure (putting aside a percentage of sales for such situations), then make an exception and refund the customer. That's up to you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.