eBay confirm receipt

stacey___
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an iPhone of eBay, the seller has given me a tracking number but the tracking number has not made any changes in 2 days so it really isn’t telling me anything. The seller emails me today and tells me PayPal will not release the funds to them until I click confirm receipt and that they need the funds for Christmas so could I click confirm reciept. My understanding is confirm receipt is for when I receive the item not the tracking number. They are telling me it’s for the tracking number. I don’t want to click it until I have the phone and I know it works as described, the seller is not happy about that and is telling me I’m wrong and PayPal told them it’s fine. Do I click it or not?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stacey___ 

NO YOU DO NOT CLICK UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED THE GOODS.

If the seller were right and you click it after they supply tracking then the funds would have been released automatically by paypal wouldn't they.

Do not click that you have received the goods or you may not win a dispute for non receipt of item !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stacey___ 

NO YOU DO NOT CLICK UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED THE GOODS.

If the seller were right and you click it after they supply tracking then the funds would have been released automatically by paypal wouldn't they.

Do not click that you have received the goods or you may not win a dispute for non receipt of item !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.