eBay Shipping being charged to my paypal balance AND bank account??? Help

dagwood387
Contributor
Contributor

Last month I noticed the charges for shipping ebay stuff (when I print labels) were being deducted from my bank account and NOT my paypal balance.  I understand this is some sort of glitch that they seem to not be able to fix..... Tonight I noticed that these shipping amounts were showing as being subtracted from both paypal AND my bank account!  What is going on here and who can I contact to deal with this/ fix this??  Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dagwood387,

I'm sorry to hear that there is a billing issue in your account. First, please verify that what you're seeing is not just the line item of the charge and then the funding from the bank showing in a separate line. If there are indeed multiple charges where one shows as being deducted from the balance and another separate charge is shown deducting from the bank, please report the billing issue. You can also contact customer service for assistance interpreting the charges if necessary.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

If the balance is not actually being used, it may be due to the reasons outlined in this article.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dagwood387
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Olivia-  I did some checking and it was ONLY being deducted from my bank account, NOT the paypal account also.  This started about 2 months ago, and also now when I buy from ebay and pay via paypal, the amount is deducted from my bank account and NOT my paypal balance.  This started happening with no warning and almost caused my checking account to be overdrawn.  Talk about ridiculous!  I'll have to read that article but it is absolutely stupid that now apparently users cannot simply choose to have the money deducted from their paypal balance. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.