eBay Purchase Guarantee does NOT apply when using PayPal!

BMFB1980
New Community Member

So I purchased something that wasn't quite as described, or it was DOA -- either way it did not work as expected.  So I requested a return/refund, which the seller agreed and provided.  Once they received it, they ignored all further communication and did NOT refund the purchase price.  This was 4 weeks ago.

I initiated claims on both eBay and Paypal.    eBay cancelled the claim as I had the one on Paypal. 

So Paypal then asks for proof of return delivery, and only gives me 2 DAYS to respond.  And no text or email telling me they need an answer, so LUCKILY there was no delay as I happened to check the status.  Next, they give the seller 14 DAYS to respond.   WTF.  That's completely UNFAIR.

So I'm OUT $154 for 6 weeks, for a purchase I made under the EBAY PURCHASE GUARANTEE, which states "Under eBay Money Back Guarantee, the seller has 3 business days to resolve your issue. If you can't come to an agreement, you can ask us to step in and help. We'll review the details of your case and make a decision within 48 hours."   CLEARLY THIS PROMISE IS A LIE.  I probably have grounds to sue. 

What can I do to force this LONG overdue refund???

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.