duped - is buyer protection any good?

Morganplus8
Contributor
Contributor

I've beed deceived!

Bought an item from China (I know!!) but was fairly confident as PayPal offers buyer protection. Item took almost a month longer to arrive than promised and when it did arrive this morning it was a worthless pile of plastic. Supposed to be a working metal model of a 4 cylinder engine I was buying as a gift for my friend birthday. What arrived today was a small bag of fake plastic lego. I specifically emailed the seller with a picture if the item I wanted on the day I ordered it and had a reply confirming I would receive the item I expected.

All PayPal are doing is to wait to see if the parcel arrives (it has) but I cant now add to the problem that its nothing like the item I bought.

Any suggestions welcome

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Morganplus8 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

If you haven't escalated then CHANGE the dispute from non receipt TO not as described, if you have escalated then contact c.s. and ask them to change it to not as described.

Then make sure you have activated the link in case you have to return it.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Morganplus8
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I can’t see way to CHANGE the type of dispute. I’ve looked several times. 

I’ll try cust. Supp. as you suggest

thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.