does paypal protect transactions done to fradulent seller ?

bala_t
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have made a purchase of mcafee antivirus in website g2a.com after seeing good reviews.

But they have shared key which has expired long time back & they are responding to my issue raised .

Can i dispute & will paypal help in processing my refund from fraud seller ?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi bala_t,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with your McAfee antivirus purchase. If the key you purchased has expired, also known as significantly different from what was described, you can file a dispute through PayPal by following the steps listed here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-if-i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-not-as-advertis... . If you are unable to resolve your dispute directly with the seller, then it is important that you escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 days. By escalating this dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to investigate the dispute and determine its outcome. If the dispute is not escalated to a claim within 20 days, then it will automatically be closed.

I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.