dispute

gagico
Contributor
Contributor
hello, i bought from a seller that workes with paypal a scooter for mt daughter and received a small toy that has nothing to do with that. and paypal closed my case without giving me my money back even that the seller fraud me. how can i do anything ?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gagico 

It would help if you said which dispute you opened?

1. Non receipt of item.

2. Item received but not as described?

3. Unauthorised.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gagico
Contributor
Contributor
Item received but not as described
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gagico 

ok did you escalate the dispute to a claim with in the 20 days allowed?

did you then respond with anymore information required or asked for by paypal?

did they tell you to return the item trackable before you got a refund?

how did you fund that paypal payment? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gagico
Contributor
Contributor
i was asked to send it back but why should i pay for a shipment if they tryied to fool me? i sent pictures with what they were supposed to send and what they sent me and i dont understand
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gagico 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544 (you would need to select the one for whichever country you are in).

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.