dispute resolution is no longer fair minded

fawat
Contributor
Contributor

I made a $2 purchase. vendor changed  amount to $98.58.  never sent out the merchandise. I filed a dispute and paypal decided for the seller who is a scammer now that I have found out the hard way. I was told I didn't answer all the questions. yet a paypal manager looked it over for me and said yes it looks like you did everything right. I called the credit card personnel who also agrees that I answered the questions. both persons working for paypal agree it looks fishy and  like it is a scam. and yet paypal expects me to pay this amt of $98.58. I don't spend that kind of money on merchandise unless I really need something. I had all of $14 in my account. my banking rep even agreed it looked like a scam and yet paypal doesn't see it. they didn't try to contact the vender like they did the last time I had an issue. I did try to contact the vendor 5 times. they never replied. yet pay pal seems to think they will magically do the right thing and fess up. at this point in time I have to conclude that paypal is no longer working for the honest hard working person but for the scammer who just wants the money of those of us who worked hard for it. I cant afford to pay this just to keep the account. that is my grocery money for the month. its frustrating. I am told they will not reopen this. I was in the hospital for a portion of this and had trouble responding in a timely manner. I have health issues. I am 63 yrs old. I wanted an art kit for my grandchild. and I got scammed for it. I can no longer trust paypal to do the right thing by me as a person or a client. and I am telling everyone. since they don't care if this issue is taken care of or not. I wasn't able to save a copy of the invoice showing I was to be charged $1.98.  I did not know how to copy it. or save it. I cannot prove I never received the item. at this point and from what I have read here, I am starting to believe paypal works for the scammers now. certainly after years of my business they don't care if they keep it. I have no idea what to do about it,  except continue to complain  and hope someone with an  ounce of intelligence reads this.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fawat 

Too long, try an edit with the salient points and paragraphs.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fawat
Contributor
Contributor

how would I edit it? I can only reply to you? but that's a great idea. I would if I could figure out how to.

so far paypals says they have applied to reopen this dispute. since one photo, the one showing the price didn't go thru. also the website is no longer in operation. so far I am still waiting to see if this will happen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.