dispute fails paypal only protects fraud sellers

typo7797
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a freezer item from  expreseu.com, (Chris Wilks) don't even think about buying from here. The guy sends me tracking information and it claims the package arrived from amazon (not his website) 2 weeks before it was ordered. When I questioned it and filed a claim that the item was not received, he sends another tracking information to paypal  that shows a package weighing ha 0.50 lbs (small chest freezer eh?) was delivered to my town, not my address and escalated the dispute and it was closed in his favor. So I am sure he looked up shipments to my area somehow and gave some tracking info for my area. Paypal automatically says well she is the one thats shady even though he sent false information from the start. How is this buyer protection? I won't be using paypal for any more purchases. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Miss_Mich
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately, I fell for this too. Though the website details were changed to John Walsh, which should have warned me off. Now a chick named Franziska Eichelberg is the name on my PayPal receipt. I ordered on July 16th, the money said 10day hold but was taken out the 17th, and the seller never emailed me a confirmation order email. Their email and phone number were taken out of use though. I ordered a treadmill. They sent fake tracking info days after I started the dispute after doing some research online and found the website to be fake, which said my 6lb package had been delivered to my front door on the 29th. PayPal still says shipped. How does a treadmill weigh only 6lb? How did my security cameras not capture the delivery? How did they get up the 1/4 mile driveway? Past the security gate? Past the dog? Mail doesn't get delivered to my house, it gets held in town for me to come pick it up. My dispute is still pending, but after reading everyone else getting **bleep** by scam sellers and afain by PayPal, I don't have high hopes of getting my money back. I use PayPal because they say they protect your money from scams. When did that stop?
Login to Me Too

typo7797
Contributor
Contributor
So if you used a credit card you can dispute it with them. I never got any say with PayPal at all but the card company returned my money within 3 days. Try calling them or your bank and disputing if you used your b ank account.
Login to Me Too

Pudge70
Contributor
Contributor

I am  beginning to think the same. I now have had three cases that were a fraud. The last one I gave them a heads up as soon as it posted to PayPal under a different name.  Upon receiving the item ordered, they were nothing like they were described. One company's website no longer exists and now if you try going to the site, it tells you it's hazardous and to go back. The last one still is selling knock-off name brand scandals. My point, even proving they are fraudulent, you need to return the item back to them, which typically costs more than the item. PayPal may reimburse up to $30.00 for the return, but shipping back to China/ Viet Nam will cost you more. These sites get away with it because most people won't. Monday, I will be calling my card company.

Login to Me Too

typo7797
Contributor
Contributor
I had an issue where the product was different and it didn't work it was only shipped after I filed a dispute that I had not received it. So I returned it at my expense and never got a refund. When I informed paypal I gave them the shipping information where I sent the item back and they denied my case saying I didnt provide shipping information. Once they close the case that's it. They do not care if you lose money or get scammed.
Login to Me Too

Pudge70
Contributor
Contributor

Frustrating!!!

Login to Me Too

Miss_Mich
Contributor
Contributor
I've been on hold with my card company for over 30min. I got hung up on twice just today. Their online dispute claims doesn't work either. So frustrating. PayPal is supposed to protect their customers, not scammers.
Login to Me Too

SadMom
New Community Member

I reported my fraud seller the same day I made the purchase. Paid 2-day shipping June 16, 2020. Still nothing ever received. Paypal denied my dispute and there wasn't even a single response from the seller! There is not even any contact info in the Paypal transaction information. Literally it just says Online Seller. I am emailing the seller from their site, same response every time. Exactly the same. Now we are in August and nothing . Paypal is still on their site as payment method. 

Going to be a pain to extract Paypal from my life but they don't deserve my business.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @SadMom,

Sorry to hear you have not received your item. Do you see the option to 'Appeal' your claim through the Resolution Center of your account? If so, please try this. Also, make sure that you have  opened the correct case, 'Item not Received'. If you still need help, you may want to reach out to our support team over on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter https://twitter.com/AskPayPal. 

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.