dispute denied scammer sent fake package

liberty_mike
New Community Member

I fell for a scam on FB and filed a dispute, after PayPal contacted seller they issued a tracking number. I received a small envelope with what looks like a small hair tie. I order a 24 piece Dewalt tool set. Yep to good to be true, $189 USD. Am I just hosed or do I contact my bank (card attached to account)? Or will that just result in my account being cancelled? I used PayPal because I thought it was safe, haha. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MrBWHood
Contributor
Contributor

I had  a scammer send same thing when I purchased a ladder from website wowitus.com The tiny package came from California.

I have been trying to get my money back for 6 months.  I can't live on this damn website and would like a call please!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@liberty_mike 

If the dispute is still open then CHANGE it from non receipt TO not as described.

If its closed then contact c.s. and see if they will open a second one for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return it.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Paypal 'safely' transfers your payments for you and give you 'some' buyer protection but its up to you to risk assess your own transactions. They are not an insurance company.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.