dispute confusion

Vicaldill
Contributor
Contributor

hi

i have sold a dress and 3 months later the buyer as said the payment was not authrised by her. the only proof have is a message from her on ebay saying the dress had arrived and thanking me for sending it quickly. i screenshot this and sent it to paypal it showed her ebay name witch is on the paypal activity list the amount the same as the disputed amount and the date of purchace  witch matched paypal activity. i now have no open or closed cases in the resolution centre and they have taken the original amount and an extra 14 pound. Is that it ???? ive lost my money

sorry if its a daft question i dont sell a lot on ebay ......

thank for any help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vicaldill

A 'chargeback' for unauthorised use is not a paypal dispute but is done via the buyers credit card issuer as they must have funded their paypal payment via a card.

The card company makes all the decisions and all paypal do is pass on any information on your behalf.

I see its a chargeback and not a paypal dispute as you were charged the card companies processing fee of £14 as well.

Normally Paypals seller protection policy covers you for chargebacks BUT you need to have met all the criteria to be covered.

So your best bet is to go and read up on seller protection and see why you were not covered / reimbursed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.