dispute I knew nothing about yetmade me feel like they were making me the bad guy

madent
Contributor
Contributor

This morning I received an email from paypal titled "We're investigating a payment reversal"

it said 

"This email is to inform you that the following payment you received was made without the account holder's permission, or was the result of a transaction error.'

The amount of $250.00 showed in my paypal account but was on hold.. I know nothing of this transaction

an Hour later I receive a second email titled "PayPal has replied to your message"...… I never emailed them to be replied to so there's that..

This email was to inform me that someone had contacted paypal saying this money was transferred in error and they want it refunded...

Fair enough, but I still have no knowledge of any transaction or who this person is...

four more hours go by and I receive a 3rd email tiled "An update on your PayPal case"

This one informs me that...

"The case has been closed in favour of the buyer based on the information they provided. The disputed amount has been withdrawn from your PayPal balance."

Now I understand all this and I understand the result but the fact that I receive emails from paypal throwing words around like...

"Paypal has replied to your message"................................What message?

"closed in favour of the buyer".........................................I wasn't selling anything

"the disputed amount has been withdrawn from your paypal balance"...............................makes it sound like I was trying to keep it

"case resolution decided in buyers favour"......................................Makes it sound like I disputed it

Like I said, I knew nothing of this until this morning but all these emails make it sound like I was at fault...

I just think their wording could reflect that instead of just the total support for the person who actually made the mistake...

And, at no time did this money ever belong to me to be taken back....paypal held it all the time..

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.