discogs.com seller kept the records and my money, what to do?

ctrautmannp
Contributor
Contributor

This is a long story, so I will list the relevant events chronologically:
24.11.19: I bought some records (162 USD incl. shipment) from a user from Chile through discogs.com (I live in Germany)
25.11.19: I paid with paypal
11.01.20: I receive a letter from german customs saying the records will be hold for 10 working days till I send them the payment invoice (the user didn't attach any invoice and didn't wanted to issue one)
13.01.20: I send to customs the paypal payment and discogs.com purchase history
17.01.20: the german customs delivers the parcel to the local post office for delivery
24.01.20: I call the post office to ask where the parcel is and they say it's lost
29.01.20: I receive a letter from the post office to inform them the value of the parcel
29.01.20: I call the post office to start a search, but they say only the sender can start a lost parcel search
31.01.20: I contact the seller to start the parcel search and I also ask for the full sender information to try to carry out a search by myself (sender information: company, sender's name, street and no., postal code, city)
04.02.20: the seller answers he doesn't understand why he has to start the search, but he will do it anyway in the chilean post office. He shares the requested sender information
05.02.20: I explain the seller why he has to start the lost parcel search
06.02.20: the seller understands and says he will start the search in the chilean post office
06.02.20: since the seller is uncooperative, I start a search by myself in the german postal office
12.02.20: I ask the seller if he started the search
18.02.20: the seller states he started the search the 17.02.20
19.02.20: the seller gets temporarily banned in discogs.com (you can still send and receive messages)
27.02.20: the german post office answers per e-mail the lost parcel was found and was sent back to the sender th[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]20: I ask the seller if he has any news
13.03.20: seller says no
03.04.20: the seller says the parcel arrived to Chile the 16.03.20, but he can't pick it up because of COVID-19
03.04.20: I ask the seller to cancel this transaction, he refuses to cancel it and wants to send it again (no date specified)
10.04. and 04.05.20: the seller says I have to be patient and blames COVID-19 for not reacting  (this were the last two msgs I received till today)
23.05.20: I offer the seller to send the records to my parents in Chile -> no answer

discogs.com bans the user permanently. I asked them for help and they said I have to inform paypal so they can take action on this issue.

Any idea how to proceed?

The paypal help doesn't contain useful information aplicable to this issue (as far as I saw...). I sent a message through the chat and I got a copy paste answer. I also called a few times, but it was impossible to reach somebody.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.