dewalt tool scam

mrhrcng
Contributor
Contributor

I made 2 purchases from what appeared to be a dewalt refurbisher. I did not recive any tracking info and the merchants email was not valid so I filed for a refund. a week or so later a small envelope came in the mail from the merchant, containing a 2" x 3" sticker sheet of smiley faces. now paypal has refused my refunds because tracking shows my items were delivered. all I received was the stickers and am out over 100.00  what do I do paypal just states my case is closed and I cant seem to get through to anyone

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

chuckm234
New Community Member

Yahoo "VERIZON is knowingly allowing the CHINESE to scam Americans with these scam websites. These fake websites advertising on Yahoo "VERIZON" are promoting Dewalt tools at a very large discount. I thought I was very internet savvy but I fell for the scam. Fortunately I used a credit card and  my purchase was   refunded by my CC company minus five dollars.  Yahoo "VERIZON" is well aware of what is going on but continually allows these scammers to advertise on the front page of Yahoo "VERIZON."  Money to Yahoo "Verizon" is more important then the well being of Americans. Needless to say after complaining to Yahoo "VERIZON" and no action I have told Verizon where they can stick their cell service

Login to Me Too

moparjg
They got me too. The ad was on yahoo home page. Yahoo said they cannot control what ads are posted on their website. I’m currently severing all ties with yahoo which is a pain because I’ve had mail with them for 15 years. Pay pal is next if they can’t tighten up-
Login to Me Too

m1a1r1i1o1
Contributor
Contributor

ive gone to yahoo......they are no help.....and upon further review, found the get a % kick back for the scam site upon a sale.....so they dont care whatsoever......they did reply to my email though.....they sent me the site of the FBI...........haha

paypal absolutely no help as well.....i mean arent they supposed to be protection against scams like this? it's part of the reason why i go through them.

Login to Me Too

BigOldAl
Contributor
Contributor

Yahoo is running this EXACT same scan on their news site again! There are other China scammers on there, too. 

Login to Me Too

asarkozy

I too fell for this scam from a "Dewalt tool refurbisher" seller, I thought I would try to get a miter saw but the Asian seller wouldn't send me an invoice copy or tracking information. When I finally received tracking information, the seller showed that the tool was delivered 2 days ago, I received a postcard for a sale not a 50 pound miter saw. I will only buy from Amazon from now on, at least they are a reputable company, they have verified sellers and have great customer service.

Login to Me Too

gv6

do not buy from dewalt online there is scam site that 45 people have been scamed on yet dewalt or paypal are not doing nothing about it drills do not get shipped by postal service.

Login to Me Too

Canjohnnycan
Contributor
Contributor
What is the name of the fraudulent website? I'm dealing with a similar issues from Delahge.com
Login to Me Too

RIDD
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.dewaltset.ga/  THIS CHINEESE GROUP ALONG WITH PAYPAL GOT ME FOR $99.95

Login to Me Too

Nashvillian
Contributor
Contributor

Always check the seller’s feedback.

Even if they show positive feedback, click on it and check it. Sometimes it’s only feedback as a buyer and not a seller. Sometimes there is no feedback less than a year old, which might mean the scammers have hacked into a dormant account.

Feedback is what makes eBay work. But you have to check it. 

Login to Me Too

larwre
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I made the complaint but have not heard anything yet. I hope to hear something soon. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.