denied dispute

patrick992
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

like i had to open a dispute because a seller refused responsibility for damaged delivered goods, and of course would not communicate at all

He finally agrees after paypal intervention and organises the return courier for his damaged goods, the courier sends me consignment information to place on the box , but no tracking number.

The courier collects and returns the goods back to the seller.

Still no refund, i then move the dispute forward , however the resolution people want proof from me that it has been returned, i dont have that, so i contacted the courier who confirms return, but under data protection rules i have some difficulty, however after contacting their customer services manager she agrees to send the seller an email cc myself, requesting that he contacts me , the e-mail also outlines the details of the return from collection to delivery with bar codes etc

After various contact again with paypal customer services , i am denied my dispute based on the lack of a tracking number.

i did ask if the seller had been asked for it , no comment , plus has the seller denied that he received his goods back, again no comment 

My last conversation with customer services outlined that the claims department would not except the e-mail or any thing else except a tracking number, note the e-mai is classed as potential fraudulent even with all the senders contact details , job title and company information on it to include a click on company details attached in the e-mail, all easy check-able .

Now looks like the next stage being the financial services ombudsman 

My question , has anybody else had this type of experienced ?

thanks pat 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@patrick992 

If you paid with credit card, you may try disputing through the card issuer too before contacting financial services ombudsman as their dispute terms maybe broader than PayPal's and perhaps accept the proof you have.

PayPal buyer protection simply requires proof of delivery in the form of a tracking number that they can also track online and see the delivery status to know you returned item and it was delivered. These collect and delivery couriers won't do. And emails won't do. Of course, the seller will deny they haven't receive it. They used their own courier that does not provide a widely trackable number like you can with your country's postal service, or major couriers like UPS or FedEx, DHL, etc.

If you're worried about return costs but don't want to be at the mercy of the seller's return courier that does not provide tracking but free returns, PayPal may reimburse you through their Return Shipping on Us program but you must first pay for the return postage at a courier that provides you with tracking number. Just click "Offers" tab at the top menu of your account and scroll around the page to see if it is available in your country and register your account. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@patrick992 

If you paid with credit card, you may try disputing through the card issuer too before contacting financial services ombudsman as their dispute terms maybe broader than PayPal's and perhaps accept the proof you have.

PayPal buyer protection simply requires proof of delivery in the form of a tracking number that they can also track online and see the delivery status to know you returned item and it was delivered. These collect and delivery couriers won't do. And emails won't do. Of course, the seller will deny they haven't receive it. They used their own courier that does not provide a widely trackable number like you can with your country's postal service, or major couriers like UPS or FedEx, DHL, etc.

If you're worried about return costs but don't want to be at the mercy of the seller's return courier that does not provide tracking but free returns, PayPal may reimburse you through their Return Shipping on Us program but you must first pay for the return postage at a courier that provides you with tracking number. Just click "Offers" tab at the top menu of your account and scroll around the page to see if it is available in your country and register your account. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.