crypto 20k weekly limit

ryangm
New Community Member

ive purchased appox 2k in crypto this week and in total.....i just went to buy 50 of crypto and was told i had reached my 20k weekly limit.......it would be nice if paypal had customer support.....yet here i am......any help out there?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

NoHoTrader
Contributor
Contributor

So I have been on PayPal since my account # was "3 digits" -- a LONG time. I am a Top Rated Seller for years, have zero disputes etc. I decided to experiment with some quick trades, and NOWHERE PROMINENT was there any indication about a limit -- quite the opposite -- PAYPAL ADVERTISED the HELL out of this! So imagine my surprise when "I guess" I hit the 20k limit. But here's the thing. Each day that goes by, why is my limit not being OPENED by the amount I traded 8 days ago, or 7 days ago etc? I have lived with this limit , and ALL I BUY is the crazy-gainer LITECOIN basically, and I was day-trading it EVERY DAY. I was generally making between 20 and 200. No huge deal but better than just having the money sit that I earn on ebay. The only losses were like $10 or so. But in any case, I finally got the thing down to a science and wanted to practice some quick trades to see how fast I could go in and out. I bought 3k in Bit, then sold and bought it in Lite, in about 4 mins. I was leading up to putting my whole 3k in Lite for a typical day trade of mine...3 to 36 hours trading out at 50PLUS or more.  OK THEN THE WARNING. Which day? The day everything went crazy GREAT-- SO I MISSED IT! I woke up the next day and buying at 81.90 I would have been at 107. Ok no problem because a week earlier I had bought and sold about 2k easy. SO I will get another bite of the apple MAYBE. NOPE. Same message and I would have bought in high 90s to sell back at about 108. Then next day same thing buying at 107 and selling NOW at 120 or so. 3 days of TREMENDOUS gains that I had predicted (not trying to redboard just telling you it's not often I get something SO RIGHT!) I still think LiteCoin has a long way to go so I was going back in tonight and NOPE! OK My wife said...."Send me your money and I'll add it to my balance and I'll buy the Lite for MYSELF in my Account." Nope that didn't work either because she has a business account. This is the MOST ridiculous thing. She and I just spent 3 wasted hours trying to find the Crypto on her business account. DOESN'T EXIST on BIZ ACCOUNTS! WHY????  I never really had a reason to keep mine as a Personal Account other than it wasn't hurting me so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So I left mine personal or I would know absolutely nothing about any of this. Meanwhile I WOULD HAVE BEEN CRUSHING, and again, I was already doing well. but why should they even consider it 20k limit reached if we are SELLING? Shouldn't it be 20k in holdings? I was buying and selling always within 24 hours, usually within 3 hours, and ONCE for about 30 hours...that was my longest "hold." I have no idea what is going on but nobody has Customer Service despite the fact we are all at home so PHONE CS should be the one thing PAYPAL DOES have working. Beyond disgusted. I have an autoimmune disease and my wife is an RN who has not been able to work for 10 months due to my sickness. This was actually a way for us to catch  up rent and PayPal ruined it with a mismanaged, ill-prepared and ill-planned "Limit" that does not mean what it says, CLEARLY. I should have at least 5k in open limit by now. And one last time, if I sell it back why is it in the limit at ALL!?  It's bought and SOLD. So out of the limit! Oh this is so silly when we are talking about CRYPTO, the thing that really is all about free-trading in free-amounts. ALAS, I ran out of time to pay rent so money is gone! I have 1k in now and that's it but I'll hope to do this next week maybe????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.