crogreat.com

dk310
New Community Member

The zoom telescope that is being advertised on facebook is a totally inferior product.  It doesn't focus to provide 300X zoom as advertised

Login to Me Too
111 REPLIES 111

Ednathoreson
I ordered 2 rotating shelves .Never recieved them .Filed with paypal resolution center.They said crogreat showed proof that it was delivered even tho it was not.wasted my time.and lost 50 dollars
Login to Me Too

hugoa1

i believe the problem isnt so much with the chinese company making the product but rather with the creeps acting as middlemen making false claims about the product so they can charge the price they want. in this case it was $70AU roughly. however once i received the product and it totally failed to operate at all let alone it was smaller than the scope used in the advertisement. i also paid extra for the accessories which did not come with the item. then what do i see on the label on the packaging itself? $10US. china is selling this junk for 10 so its the middlemen scammers who are really the ones need to be held accountable. i will be making a formal complaint to paypal as i did not receive the item i initially ordered. hopefully they will refund my money without trying to direct me to the scammers who are causing all these problems for everyone. also if paypal is being used as a form of payment then that means our monies are insured against such crimes so i expect to get my refund.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Hugoa1. I have already made a complaint to PayPal about this, & I think others have done so too. I do not hold much hope for a refund from PayPal.  I have tried contacting the sellers themselves & got emails back saying no refund, apart from one who told me to sell it on & they would give me 25 % of the refund. I have contacted Resolver (a company I have used in the past & are very good). They have sent a message to PayPal. If nothing in the next 21 days, then it gets passed onto the financial ombudsman. According to Resolver, these companies are not registered, which proves your point of them being middlemen. Hopefully, between us, we can put a stop to this scam, as I have told trading standards about this, who have told me they could get the police involved.  Hopefully, we can all get our money back. I know, I will never purchase anything on-line that has to be paid for using PayPal again.  Good luck to everyone trying to get their refunds.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Another update regarding this company in London. They emailed me saying I can send it back to them, & once they receive it, they will give me a full refund, though I know that if I send it back, I will not get my refund. The address they gave me, proves that all email addresses are associated with the company in London. I have an address for the original company. It is in China. If any one wants this address, please let me know. 

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

I did say that the best way to get money back is by making a claim through the Resolution Centre. This is not the case, as I have discovered. My case was under review, & was supposed to close in 3 days time,. Now they have closed the case with no explanation. They have told me I have lost my case. I am supposed to be able to appeal this decision, but being prevented by the resolution centre.  I am now taking legal action against both PayPal & Zoomall. Neither are going to rob me of my money. They both need prosecuting. My advice to everyone is: Do not make any purchases using PayPal as you will never get your money back should there be a problem.  Tell all your friends too.

Login to Me Too

Danjag
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck! PayPal should not be supporting scammers !
Login to Me Too

ScamonFacebook
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has been no real help for me. I am supposed to ship the $10 Chinese telescope back to China. PayPal won’t even help me get a phone number for the seller, just keeps telling me I don’t need a phone number only the sellers name and address. The shippers won’t ship without a phone number. It’s a catch 22. I have lost all respect for PayPal.
Login to Me Too

WheelOfTime
Contributor
Contributor

This is a super clever scam. I popped on here to see if anyone else had had dealings with Crogreat. 

I have been a victim from this scam as a SELLER !! yes, I sold a product, and the parcel was damaged in transit, and a card was place into the parcel by persons unknown. 

<removed>

The buyer left a negative feedback, opened a case and started ranting at me that I was a scammer, and I had only offered 15% discount etc etc just the same as all the other folks here. 

Thankfully she didnt give them her paypal or bank details. 

I suggest, especially if you have a card in your box requesting you to not go though ebay/paypal. You ignore that and contact the seller direct. 

Certainly in my case I had no idea the customer was in conversation with anyone else. 

Made me also wonder if the parcel was damaged on purpose just to put the card in?? I have also forwarded this on to the relevant delivery company

So take a little moment to message the seller, just in case they are a victim too. 

Login to Me Too

Dutchman2
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. Also the lens size is 30mm not 40mm and it came without the tripod and cell phone adaptor that I ordered.

Login to Me Too

Naomi2816
New Community Member
Telescope is cheap and tried contacting to return for refund
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.