crogreat.com

dk310
New Community Member

The zoom telescope that is being advertised on facebook is a totally inferior product.  It doesn't focus to provide 300X zoom as advertised

Login to Me Too
111 REPLIES 111

Finally. I have my refund, though not as much as expected. Closed my account rather rapidly before keeping everyone updated. Did not need the financial ombudsman in the end. I think this is why they paid out as it was going to cost them a lot more than I originally paid for the rubbish. Had to open a new account so that I could let you all know.  My original user name was michaelwicks54, just in case you are all wondering who this is. Using a few threats of legal action ect can make all the difference. You may not get all the money, but some is better than nothing. Hope everyone succeeds in getting money back from these scammers. Good luck to everyone.

Login to Me Too

Danjag
Contributor
Contributor
That’s excellent news... hopefully the more people that complain may cause them a bit of work if nothing else. I’m still waiting, every reply I get is ‘please be patient it is being processed..’ !
Login to Me Too

Essjay22
Contributor
Contributor

Just thought I’d update you on the outcome of my dispute (which I first mentioned on here about 6 weeks ago). This was with the website abdserry.com for the now infamous state-of-the art, mobile phone telescope! They are linked to crogreat.com in that I received one of crogreat's 'kindly message' cards in the parcel containing my useless, plastic, toy telescope.

After numerous emails between us, the seller 'Timthy' offered me a 60% refund without having to return the item. I agreed to accept this and an 'accept refund' button appeared on my PayPal dispute page. Unfortunately though each time I clicked on it I got the PayPal message 'Sorry, something has gone wrong - please try again later'.  After 12 failed attempts over 24 hours, I messaged PayPal to report the problem. PayPal then decided (without asking me first) to escalate my dispute to a claim - which meant I could no longer communicate with Timthy. I was then told by PayPal to return the item to China for a full refund. It cost me £15 to return it by UK Royal Mail 'Track & Signature'. After about four weeks I’d just about given up hope when suddenly today I've heard from PayPal and the full $59.99 is in my account! It's yet to reach my credit card but I am optimistic as a similar dispute I had with pureluxey.com (an almost identical website to abdserry.com) a few weeks ago ended with a full refund into PayPal, then into my credit card.

Login to Me Too

judep1
Contributor
Contributor
It's lots of products. I ordered a lifelike dog from them. When it arrived it's a very poor quality squeaking pound shop you. I'm furious. I raised it with PayPal but have no proof as the advert on Facebook has now disappeared
Login to Me Too

Brand59Bear
Contributor
Contributor
How do you get your money back?
Login to Me Too

adyb666
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried really hard with Paypal, to get my money back. The people that sell this rubbish know how to play the system because hardly anyone will add to their misery by spending even more money returning this rubbish to China. As far as Paypal are concerned, the vendor has been reasonable so the case is now closed. Paypal have pocketed their commission. Move along nothing to see here. As far as I an concerned Paypal are complicit, just be the fact that there are 90 other people with the same problem and they haven't taken any further action, speaks volumes. .NEVER USE PAYPAL AGAIN.

Login to Me Too

Danjag
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it’s unfortunate that people use PayPal thinking that there is some Reasonable protection available. My case is still going and of course the company still says my refund is on its way 🤨
Login to Me Too

Gazzas1
New Community Member

Same problem, same telescope. Facebook should be responsible.

Login to Me Too

ScamonFacebook
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal closed my case because I couldn’t return the product without a telephone number. PayPal resolution center phone system cue callback was not working, reps kept disconnecting my call and every rep I talked to told me I didn’t need a phone number to ship the item and the “transaction info does not include a phone number.” I started back emailing the seller directly. After two weeks of back and forth I got them up to 60% refund with no need to return the product. I was told 3 to 5 business days for my refund to show up on PayPal. 22 calendar days still no refund so I emailed again. The same person CS-Sylvia emailed me back asking if I had an open case. I replied read the email thread. Finally I told them again to refund my money immediately and basically called them all liars and said they were as dishonest as the product advertisement. I was mush nicer in the email than I wanted to be. Three or four hours later my 60% refund of $34.99 USD was received to my PayPal account. I have NEVER worked so hard for $35.
Login to Me Too

LesGL
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same problem with the monocular telescope. Nothing like advertised in quality and size and doesn’t focus.

To make matters worse, I’ve just received (without requesting it) a second one, and guess what, it doesn’t work either!

No help from PayPal although you can see who supposedly you paid on my account details so I’ve emailed them although it’s probably a fictitious person.

L in the UK

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.