crogreat.com

dk310
New Community Member

The zoom telescope that is being advertised on facebook is a totally inferior product.  It doesn't focus to provide 300X zoom as advertised

Login to Me Too
111 REPLIES 111

Sally72
Contributor
Contributor
Please help because PayPal isn’t willing to!
Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sally72. Have you tried contacting the seller via email ? If so, then may I suggest contacting Resolver, who will take on the case, & if they can not get it sorted, they will pass it onto the financial ombudsman. I hope this helps you. 

Login to Me Too

BCfellow6565
Maybe we should go after Facebook since they carried the ads for this worthless product. Where were their "fact checkers" for this scam?!
Login to Me Too

RockoKoresh
New Community Member

As with all of you, I too fell into the crap bucket and ordered what we all now know is "too good to be true". It's no wonder that with all that is going on that we hate people for the things that they do. Two days after I originally ordered my $5.00 trinket for $59.99 I suspected something was not right since the advertisement kept popping up under different names but it was always the same product- a toy nonadjustable telescope that resembles nothing presented in the ads (and I didn't realize any of this until I received it). Crogreat sent me a YouTube video and stated that I just needed to follow instructions to get the product to work as advertised. What instructions?  And good luck dealing with them since the video was performed from an Asian jungle in Chinese and the presenter had difficulty using the inclusive equipment. We'll see what an Attorney's General office has to say.

Please never buy anything that has to originate from China.

Login to Me Too

Essjay22
Contributor
Contributor

Like others on here - I ordered the $59.99 300X zoom, titanium metal telescope with accessories only to receive a useless, plastic device unable to zoom to 30X let alone 300!!  It also wouldn't work properly with my smartphone (despite being listed as a compatible model).  I kept on insisting on a 100% refund, as promised in their advert, even though it would have cost me $15 to return it, but they repeatedly refused to send a return address. They have offered me various refunds if I don't return the product (10%, 20%, 40% and now, 60%).  After reading on here that no one seems to have got a 100% refund, I have today accepted the 60%.  Let's see if they actually pay it!  Again, like others, I received a "Kindly Notice" card in the parcel suggesting I contacted crogreat to "save me time" with a refund.  I didn't do that but have been communicating with the website I ordered it from abdserry.com - lately via PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Noisy_Tim
Contributor
Contributor

i also bought the 300x telescope from Abdserry.com only to be delivered a completely different telescope that probably only manages about 3x magnification. I saw it advertised in the Scrabble Go game. The ads are supplied by Facebook Ads. I was confident enough to buy from the website as I could pay by PayPal. I thought this would offer me some protection. I thought PayPal would not let fraudsters use PayPal to take money. I later became suspicious when I kept seeing the same adverts but from different websites. The different websites were all clones of each other. I raised a ticket with PayPal after a few weeks. The alternative telescope had not arrived at that time. Since it arrived, I have complained to Abdserry. They want me to pay over $20 to return the wrong telescope or accept a 20% refund and keep it. I don't want it. It is absolute rubbish. It is not what I ordered, so I don't see why I should pay to return it. They are clearly scammers so I would be paying even more and end up with nothing. PayPal are taking weeks to come to a decision. I can not add any further information to the ticket, like photos showing what was received compared to what was advertised; or the emails from Abdserry. PayPal have already said that their decision will be final and can not be appealed. I think it is really bad of them not to let you give them all the relevant information to make the right decision. Lessons learned - don't trust Facebook ads and don't assume a company is legitimate because they use PayPal to take your money. I will wait and see whether PayPal decide to get my money back for me.

Login to Me Too

Noisy_Tim
Contributor
Contributor
Update: After two months PayPal declined my claiming because the seller provided tracking information proving that they sent me something (although not what I ordered). There is no way that I can find of talking to PayPal about this and sending them evidence that they are scammers. Does anyone have a phone number for PayPal fraud department? Terrible fraud protection and claims service by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Essjay22. I have had an address where to send it to, but do not hold out for much hope of a refund. If you do get the 60% refund paid to you, would you care to tell us, as I do not trust these sellers one bit. 

Login to Me Too

adyb666
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly my experience. I have reached the "send it back stage" which I am refusing to do. With all of these complaints and an obvious scam, why don't Paypal close their account (s)? I won't be using Paypal for this type of purchase ever again, they are clearly part of the problem by enabling fraudsters.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

This is my argument too Adyb666. I know I will never get my money back from them, so will never use PayPal again. They are just as bad as the scammers. These scammers are being encouraged by PayPal. PayPal should refuse all business from China & other countries where scammers operate. You would have thought they would know by now if some company was legally operating or not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.