crogreat.com

dk310
New Community Member

The zoom telescope that is being advertised on facebook is a totally inferior product.  It doesn't focus to provide 300X zoom as advertised

Login to Me Too
111 REPLIES 111

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Had another email from this bad company. They say that as I have now complained through the resolution centre, they refuse to accept responsibility & are not going to give a refund. I have now told trading standards of what has gone on. Once they find out where they are based, they will be getting the police involved. Just like diesle 123, it looks like I can kiss my money good-bye. I will never purchase anything on line using PayPal again. It is not PayPal's fault, but when something goes wrong, it is so hard to get money back, just as everyone here has discovered with this scam of a company. PayPal needs to make sure these companies are legitimate & honest.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

This company needs stopping once & for all. I have discovered that they may be using different names to offload their junk. I have seen these telescopes sold with the exact same images as ousykt.com,   zoomall, & now another one. Bevait.com.    My advice to everyone is to tell your friends not to trust these companies. I have already messaged Bevait.com with my concerns. Just got to wait & see what their response is. I have asked them if they are assoiated with either of the other names. If they say yes, then they are breaking the law.  Just be careful who you purchase from.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Further to my last message. I have got an address for this company. They are based in London, England. If anyone wants this address, just leave a message & I will put it on here.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

After sending Bevait an email asking if they are associated with the other email addresses, they have got back to me saying they are a legitimate company, who would only ever use one email address. It appears that some have been copying their website & using their images in order to sell junk. Major problem now as we will never know who these scammers are. I am now have the same thoughts as diesel123, I can kiss my money good-bye.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Update regarding this new company. They are the same company who have scammed us all. They sent me an email asking me to send photo's of the telescope & the packaging ect, & will check with the warehouse & see if they can resolve the issue. I think each email address is for individual workers at the company. At least now, I have an actual address to pass on to whoever needs it.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Another update. This company in London has sent another email. This time, they say I can keep the telescope to give to family or friends, or sell it on. No-one in their right mind is going to want to buy this off me, & they will give me 25% of the money back. I have told them to give me a full refund & I want the address as to where I can send it back to them. I thought these sellers were in different parts of the world, but clearly it is not. Will see what address they give me to send it back to them, (that is if they bother at all). I can then pass this information to trading standards & the police. I know I will never see my money again, but just want justice done, not just for me, but for all you other customers who have fallen into their trap. When they are prosecuted, I will be happy, & if we get our money back too, then that will be a bonus.

Login to Me Too

N2tck
Contributor
Contributor

It is about time that Paypal and Facebook verified the people that use their services. One ,obviously incorrectly, assumes that by advertising on Facebook, and having payments accepted by Paypal, that these were genuine companies. This is sadly not the case. To highlight this I will continue to order a "full size family hot-tub" or a "mobility scooter" for $29.99, only to receive a useless gift and complain through Paypal or my credit card provider. Hopefully they will get fed up with this and call Facebook and Paypal to task.

Login to Me Too

Danjag
Contributor
Contributor
Michael, I followed your instructions, thank you. Within 1/2 hour of PayPal sending them a notice Crogreat emailed me apologizing and stating they would send 100% refund. They say could take 3 days or more so we will wait and see. It is a relatively small amount but it is the principal of the matter. I would have normally let it slide as a lesson learnt, but that is what they pray on! I must say that they have replied to every email I’ve sent very promptly! They must have someone just working purely on complaints. Thank you for the info, will have to see if they stand by it now. Regards
Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Danjag. It certainly looks like this company is using many identities to sell useless items to the honest customers. I will wait to see what happens after the 4th October & if no joy, I can get the police & trading standards to go to London to investigate this company. I do agree, it does not seem a lot of money to lose, but it is the principle of what they have done, & how they have gone about it. I know others have had no joy in getting any sort of refund, so if they do get a nice visit from the law, then this is for all the honest customers they have ripped off.    Regards.

Login to Me Too

Danjag
Contributor
Contributor
You would think that the legitimate companies would have more interest in stopping them as it is making customers reluctant to buy more products on-line, therefore affecting their own businesses! PayPal should definitely not be supporting fraudulent companies. I am sorry that you have had no luck. Regards
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.