crogreat.com

dk310
New Community Member

The zoom telescope that is being advertised on facebook is a totally inferior product.  It doesn't focus to provide 300X zoom as advertised

Login to Me Too
111 REPLIES 111

adyb666
Contributor
Contributor

Any ideas how we get this out into the public domain? My neighbour has been scammed as well, different product though. Did you get this as a result of a Facebook ad?

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Adyb666. It appears that there are many people who have been scammed by different companies & different items. My problem was caused by seeing an ad on one of the games on facebook. I no longer play this game, due to the amount of ads. I have notified the makers of the game of the problems being experienced by customers of these ads, but to date, they have not responded. It is putting me off ever using my computer again, due to these ads. I have also reported this to facebook, but again, still no resonse. It ppears that they just do not care, as long as they are being paid for allowing the ads.  Hope this helps.    Regards.

Login to Me Too

Danjag
Contributor
Contributor
Not a telescope but a gardening stool, that arrived with 2 foam pads, and storage pockets but no metal framework. They replied promptly asking for photos and offered a 30% refund to save me paying for postage to return goods! I wrote back saying no, just ship me the rest of the order so I can use what you have sent. They then upped the refund to 35%. Such a scam and puts you off buying anything over the internet. They need to be stopped.
Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

I too contacted them via an email, & got a reply asking for photo's of the item, package & delivery note. I have told them I want a complete refund. If not, then further action will be taken. I hope they get the point as it will cost them more than the refund in the end.  This experience has put me off ever buying anything on line ever again, even from the sites i\ have used in the past, like Amazon & Ebay.  I still intend going to trading standard & the police after getting my full refund, as this will stop them trading & could help everyone else here who have had the same experience get their money back too.

Login to Me Too

wdgwdg
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely worthless junk " scope" . This company should be banned from doing business with Pay Pal

Login to Me Too

Danjag
Contributor
Contributor
A very deceiving company. They should be made accountable for their dishonesty.
Login to Me Too

Sally72
Contributor
Contributor
I bought 2 of the zoom telescopes one was for a gift. They took over a month to get to me and they are worthless. Very disappointed in this product. Definitely want my money back.
Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

I have found a way for people to complain through paypal & maybe get all the money paid to this scam of a company. Make a claim  at the PayPal resolution centre. Okay, we will have to wait around 30 days, but at least there is a way, or so I am informed. I hope this helps everyone get their money back for this very poor quality telescope.I still intend going to trading standard & maybe the police about this company.

Login to Me Too

diesel123
Contributor
Contributor

When I saw the telescope advertised I thought it was a larger product. I ordered the extras package thinking I would get a tripod and phone attachment. NOT HAPPY JAN. All I got was a tiny little telescope which was nothing like what i saw in the AD. No tripod and phone attachment. I am now glad that when I told a lot of my friends about this great telescope I have ordered on line not to buy it until I get mine in the mail. My friends now are glad they did not order one. I will kiss my money good bye.

Login to Me Too

michaelwicks54
Contributor
Contributor

Do not kiss your money good-bye just yet diesel123.  I have already started the process of getting a full refund by making a complaint to them. I have had an email telling me they are going to investigate what has gone wrong & looking at a way to solve the issue.  I have told them I am not interested in a replacement, but want a full refund. Fingers crossed, they will honor this. Will keep everyone updated & if I do get a full refund, I will help you all to do the same.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.