credit card detailes stolen and used through a paypal account

Gabe77
New Community Member

My credit card details are stolen and the people that did are using it purchasing from a PayPal account. How can I find out or get my money back? The stolen credit card is not the same one that I have attached to my PayPal account. It is a different one. Any help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Dian

Hi @Gabe77

Thanks for asking your question in our Community. 

I am sorry to see that you did not receive a response yet. 

If the card itself has been compromised you will need to contact your bank. They will need to block the card and refund the money to you. 

You will also need a replacement card. You do not have to contact PayPal as the card itself was compromised. We will sort this out with the bank. 

I hope this information helps. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

kindevil
New Community Member

I had the same problem above about 2 days ago. I contacted my bank and they stopped the card immediately. However, they said the transactions are pending (2 transactions at the same time) and once confirmed you have to contact us again to proceed to "objection" which may take up to 10 days!!

Now during this period of time the thief will be delivered his bought merchandise and objection will be useless. Please tell me who is responsible for my sensitive data leak?? My credit card was linked PayPal site which should have protected it. Are they going to compensate me?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.