counterfeit merchandise

windmill_lover
New Community Member

I purchased some flea and tick collars that I thought were Soresto collars from a site called Pet Paradise (website no longer on the web). I filed a dispute with resolution center as I verified with Bayer that the collars were counterfeit. First the seller said I could keep the collars and they would refund half my money. I declined that offer and now they are saying I must return the collars to get refund. These collars could hurt other pets and I don't think I can afford to send them back because of the postal rate. anyone have any idea how to get my $135 back? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@windmill_lover 

Open a dispute as per below BUT as you have up to 180 days then get some proof they are fake first.

Then when you open the dispute state you have proof the items are fake and then paypal 'may' not require you to return them.

You can get written proof from a seller that sells the real thing or company that makes the real thing or somewhere like trading standards.

Also you can get help with return costs if you activated the below link in your paypal account at some stage before you made that transactions.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tbord
New Community Member

I also bought from this seller, 5 collars, would like to get my $170 back..hav3 you had any luck?

Login to Me Too

Darcy2020

I filed my complaint and pay pal customer service or their virtual customer service said the merchandise was similar to what was described. The fact that the fake flea collar does not work did not matter. If it looks the same case closed. EBay did not do that. They refunded the money. Learning experience for me. I will not go thru pay pal for anything. 

Login to Me Too

gr8fulpenny
Contributor
Contributor

I also purchased counterfeit Seresto collars. Seller (whose website magically disappeared when the merchandise was delivered) said they'd refund 40%. I said I wanted a full refund, and now PayPal says I have to return the merchandise (to CHINA!) to get my refund. So much for PayPal's "buyer protection". I am NOT happy...

Login to Me Too

Temp20201214bq
Contributor
Contributor
i am in the middle of my second dispute with paypal. both have been train wrecks. i will never use paypal again. i deleted my paypal account after the first one, but they sent a discount coupon to use the account. ugh
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.