complaint-response Paypal don't even read my requests!!!

mtanayan

Hi. I opened a dispute and demanded a partial refund. You don't even read my messages, you don't even respond, I faxed the evidence... and there is no answer.... I WANT A PARTIAL REFUND TO GIVE THE REPAIR OF THIS LAPTOP. You have the "partial refund" option, I did everything according to your rules and required a partial refund... instead, you're asking me to send the goods back to the seller.... You don't even read my messages... As I understand it..... I have all the evidence that the product does not work and I WANT a PARTIAL REFUND to GIVE the REPAIR of THIS LAPTOP. I DON'T WANT TO SEND THE ITEM BACK TO THE SELLER....
Case number PP-007-245-475-513

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

mtanayan

I live outside the United States.... I purchased a laptop through an auction... the seller in the description wrote that in excellent condition.... I received the parcel... of the laptop there is a problem, is not included... contacted the seller, I told him the problem and he immediately wanted me to return the merchandise.... but there is one problem...  The address to which the laptop was sent is the address of the shipping company, and I paid the money to this company to transport the laptop to my place of residence... now, if I return this laptop to the seller, I'll need to pay again for shipping back to the seller......A seller to use the rules of PayPal and EBay and requires a return of the goods... What is my fault??? I opened a dispute on PayPal for a partial refund to give repair this laptop.... but it's not interesting for PayPal.... How should I??? what would you do in my position?

Login to Me Too

mtanayan

I live outside the United States.... I purchased a laptop through an auction... the seller in the description wrote that in excellent condition.... I received the parcel... of the laptop there is a problem, is not included... contacted the seller, I told him the problem and he immediately wanted me to return the merchandise.... but there is one problem... The address to which the laptop was sent is the address of the shipping company, and I paid the money to this company to transport the laptop to my place of residence... now, if I return this laptop to the seller, I'll need to pay again for shipping back to the seller......A seller to use the rules of PayPal and EBay and requires a return of the goods... What is my fault??? I opened a dispute on PayPal for a partial refund to give repair this laptop.... but it's not interesting for PayPal.... How should I??? what would you do in my position?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mtanayan

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so you need to read up on it so you can risk assess your purchases.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs if you have the 'return shipping on us' option enabled and available in your country.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mtanayan

where did I write that PayPal is required to cover all my expenses? Did I write this???? I say that the partial refund option does not work and that's it.... PayPal is the worst system in the world, and EBay is the worst online store in the world..

Login to Me Too

mtanayan

there is Amazon and Aliexpress.... that's enough.

Login to Me Too

mtanayan

how can I return using my card Issuer?

Login to Me Too

mtanayan

let all foreign buyers know PayPal and EBay protection is just advertising.... and let everyone before buying thought that they can get a spoiled product

Login to Me Too

hbr1
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like no much has changed at Paypal, they are as useless as ever and nobody reads anything. 

I asked for full refund because item was not as described because it was supposed to include free delivery AND it was sent to next town so I never received it. Despite 4 times writing to Paypal to let them know I never received the item and that the post office is returning the item to sender for underpaid postage they requesting that I provide them with a tracking number that I have returned the item .

WTF is wrong with these people ?  I have asked the supervisor to get in contact with me and if that doesn't work its time to go to the top and embarrass the upper management since they are the people responsible for running the company so the buck stops with them.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello hbr1,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post. 

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

hbr1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply Donna,

I'm sure that may be the case in the States or else Paypal would not have been allowed to run this way.

Unfortunately in Australia the 'customer care department' is more like 'customer DON'T care department' and is run by Dumb and Dumber . I'm guessing that bots are running the Dispute Resolution Centre and the human section of customer service of PayPal Australia  has been  outsourced to a non-English speaking country where they have a problem with comprehending what "I have not received the item therefore I can not send it back to seller to provide you tracking details"  means. That is the only explanation that makes any sense because I have already contacted Paypal through the Help and Contacts as you suggested after the matter was supposedly  "resolved" by agreeing to a refund once I send back the item I didn't receive and provide tracking details.  I contacted them to make sure I was dealing with humans and repeated again the information sent through the initial messages 3 times and their response was

"  Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We're currently reviewing your case and will contact you if we need more information. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Sxxxxxxxxxx
Protection Services Department
PayPal  "

I was then informed they haven't received the tracking details I again repeated the info to them and their reply was 

"Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We're currently reviewing your case and will contact you if we need more information. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Dxxxxxxxx

Protection Services Department
PayPal"

With "customer care" like this and similar reviews of PayPal Australian operations <removed>  I'm wondering if  the Exec. VP of Global Customer Operations Mr. John <removed> knows how Paypal operates globally outside the States.  I  am seriously considering selling my shares in the company while I'm ahead because with customer service like this I see no long time future for this company.   

Cheers, 

Harry

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.