claim rejected in error with no recourse?

maplekey
Contributor
Contributor

I want to escalate a "closed" case to the next level, because PayPal's justification for not refunding my purchase is that I did not send the merchandise back.

But they have already paid me for returning it, for which I had to supply proof of the return of my shipment.

When I purchased two items from a company called Plout, advertised on Instagram, my PayPal confirmation came from an organization called Keidson, whose email suggests something different that would not have purchased from. Their on-line reviews are far from perfect.

I immediately wrote to PayPal and got the standard response that if there proved to be any problem with the merchant or merchandise, I could contest. Which I did when the merch proved to be vastly different from as advertised.

I don't understand how one can purchase from a specific company and get billed by another. How a company can keep changing its name and its product line with impunity to scam the market. (I have since seen these very same items on instagram under a variety of company names and using the very same ads that completely misrepresent the product.)

The products I received were not what was advertised. They were only worth about $20, not over $100.

I returned them.

I followed PayPal's procedure to be refunded for shipping, and I received my $30 back (out of the $77 it cost me to ship that stuff back.)  Paypal has rejected my claim because Keidson says they never received it. But they routinely lied about so many other things...

Worse, when they sent the return mailing address, my computer became infected with a file that leads to a Chinese bank.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? And what do I have to do to get my money back?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maplekey 

Did you send with tracking and does tracking show the item as delivered? If so then appeal.....

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maplekey
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass

They told me when I appealed that the tracking has to show the arrival of the item, not just the sending. That's a bit of a loophole.

I will try the social media route, as suggested. Much appreciated.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.