cash advance fees charged

Mimilou85
Contributor
Contributor

I made several purchases with my Chase card via PayPal.   Now my bank charges an additional 10 dollars per transaction.  Bank tells me these are cash advance fees?? Told them I did not authorized or made cash advance purchases.  Contacted Aliexpress and merchand told me they did not process the transaction as such???  Contacted Paypal via chat, messenger and phone call since this weekend.   First case was closed for no apparent reason; customer service rep told me on phone I would receive email w/link to report further??? None of that and in the mean time I am charged 9 x10 dollars total of 90 dollars for purchases that cost less than the fee.  So who dunn it??   Chase, Aliexpress and Paypal are not taking responsibility for stealing my money

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ekbaz
New Community Member

I am having same issue.

No one is telling me how to reverse this cash advance fee.

Login to Me Too

Mimilou85
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,  I just received a refund from the bank ( credit card ) they refunded the cash advance fees ONLY after I sent them the communication from Paypal, and the vendor showing them that the charges were not charged as cash advance.   Don't give up I wrote all three entities every day asking for proof where it shows I used my card as a cash advance.   The replies I sent to my bank who in turn finally reversed the 90 dollars.  Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Thouwlin
New Community Member

That is about to change I got a new terms of service from Chase and they are now saying "Cash-Like Transaction" is the same as a case advance which includes a lottery ticket KIOSK and this little nugget "making a payment using a third party service including bill payment transactions not made directly with the merchant or their service provider."  Pay-Pal is a third party service.  This goes into effect in April 2021. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.