case reopening problems

kenny_b
Contributor
Contributor

hi  i have a dispute problem  ,   i opened a case for a purchase as the item had missing parts , i received them and cloed the case ,  later when i built the item it fell apart as the bracket failed ,  i needed to open a case but couldnt as i had already used up my one chance , i managed to find an online chat help person who re-opened the original case , i put in my problem and waited ,  then paypal sent a message denying my claim , the reason was given as  ,  because i had closed the case it was denied , but i never closed anything , it was still open and i wanted it oen , i never done anything to close it , now the chat help thing keeps saying case closed ,  i dont want it closed and i never closed it   its a mistake , i dont know what to do next ??  its becoming a real pain .

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hi @kenny_b

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal community for assistance. I'm sorry to hear that you have not been able to open a new claim or that your claim has been denied. I know that would be frustrating. From what you've described, you are building this item but a bracket failed.

This isn't something that PayPal would cover since this is more of a warranty issue. PayPal's Buyer Protection policies are not intended to function as a warranty, especially because PayPal can not confirm that the damage did not occur during the construction process, which the merchant can not be considered at fault for.  

Your best opportunity would be to contact the merchant directly for further assistance. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.