cant use paypal anymore

syl9393
Contributor
Contributor

hello I received this message on my paypal account , paypal never sent me an email why I cant use paypal nomore . I have 198 dollars on hold for 180 day what can I do ? This is message Imma see

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

Reference ID: PP-007-477-461-743

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

terrymobrian
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the same issue happen to me yesterday out of nowhere.  I've tried messaging them and they still keep saying they cannot offer me paypal services anymore and all I ever get in reply is to use the resolution center and when I do, there are no steps to resolve it.  I've had paypal for over 8 years with no issues like this ever and now I cannot use them to sell anything on ebay, nor can I even use the $2,500 credit that paypal credit approved me for just a few days ago.  I've checked all of my bank and paypal credit records and there are no fraudulent transactions whatsoever.  This is frustrating to say the very least.  Can anyone really make sense of all this?

Login to Me Too

PrincessAngela
Contributor
Contributor
yes like this
Login to Me Too

babyjenn77
Contributor
Contributor

In one way or another, we, who’ve had our Paypal accounts closed/placed under limitations are going thru Hell. Yes They are not obligated to explain why, which to me is downright awful. Specially after paying their ridiculous fees. You, me and the thousands of others whom I’ve come across in doing my research. 

On June 9, 2020 I received an email from Paypal congratulating me as my account as met requirements and that I am officially a granted the SELLER status. That my account has been reinstated and my money which has been frozen for several months will be available after 21 days. So I inquired via message center for clarification on whether it will be 21 business or calendar days. The following day, without any reply nor email, my account is again limited/closed. Yes they don’t have to explain why, but given that I have no kind of transaction whatsoever since June 9th, they hold my money hostage AGAIN. 

Dear Paypal, 

We are born empty handed as we shall also leave the same. Only the foolish think they can take their riches to their graves. In banks, we are aware money We deposit is used by the banks themselves as capital for their other investments. Perfectly fine because I know should I decide to withdraw, I will get my money. There is goodwill and trust. Suppose your Organization does the same thing, then in essence, we, with use of our confiscated hard earned money are responsible for putting food on your plates. Without any permission from us and this is the Appreciation we get. You know what, To hell with my money! All YOURS!

Login to Me Too

Bakochristie6
Contributor
Contributor
Yes this is so frustrating because I don't even buy and sell on there and they locked it out of nowhere and it was my rent money and I just moved in my apartment it was my second month's rent. If I call they can't help me they say and they hang up and if I email I'm getting only automatic responses. It's debilitating because there's nothing you can do and nobody you can talk to and it's just wrong. How are they getting away with doing this they do it to so many people. I do have a question though has anybody ever received their money before 180 days and do they really give it back in 180 days. Would it help to get a lawyer? I've also heard to write them and tell them that you're going to write a letter to your congressman and I wonder if that worked or if anybody has tried it. I tried to look at it in a good way and just say low I'll have that money when I least expect it but it's still not fair for them to do this and I don't know how they are getting away with it I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself. If anybody has any advice to give me or anything please let me know because this is just I work very hard for my money I haven't had a day off in months and they took everything from me I just I don't even know what to do like my anxiety level is through the roof and I just feel helpless and it's not right I really am repeating myself sorry but any any information would be great if anybody could help me thank you
Login to Me Too

donttrustthisap
Contributor
Contributor

man im going thru the same **bleep**. **bleep** paypal man i know they use our money with out permission for their own benefit yet we have to deal w this nonesense **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Bakochristie6
Contributor
Contributor
I do know that my account was limited and they wanted me to upload some documents but one of the cards I have linked was just a purchase prepaid gift card and it didn't have an account and I tried to explain that to them and then I said and when I get this resolved I'm taking my money out and turning you into the Better Business Bureau and then all of the sudden they permanently closed the account and held my money I thought that was kind of strange because I threatened to take the money out and then all the sudden my account got permanently Frozen. Don't ever say to hell with your money it's there that is your hard-earned money and you need to take whatever steps it is to get it back off of these thieving Crooks. I'm so sorry for anybody out there going through this it is just awful. I think the most frustrating thing is is that you have no contact with them you cannot speak to them they will not answer calls or reply emails. I am just repeating myself because I'm on a rant I don't know what to do and I want my money lol.
Login to Me Too

jg1955
Contributor
Contributor

I hate that there is really no one at PayPal you can reach or actually talk to. If you don't get specifics how can you defend yourself. It sucks because I liked every thing about it. 

Login to Me Too

nilztine
Contributor
Contributor

i haven't even really started using my new account and im already on "You can no longer use Paypal" list.

Login to Me Too

Cryfult
I'm having this issue too. And I admit, I did create the account when I was 16. And that is likely the reason my accounts been locked. But since then I haven't touched my account, and now I'm on my way to turning 19 so I thought it's time to see if I can reinstate it and all. But no, I can't. I'm just permanently stuck. If this is how paypal works, then imo it's incredibly stupid. There should be more transparency between user and company/system. Maybe there's something I'm missing, if so then let me know. But if this is how it's gonna be, then oh well. I'll be taking my business elsewhere then.
Login to Me Too

jg1955
Contributor
Contributor

Its the worst customer service ever. These smug dinosaurs will fall by the wayside. I have seen it happen too many times. You cannot do business like this and expect to grow.  Only this we can do is take our business elsewhere and never recommend PayPal to anyone. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.