cannot resolve account limitations

cinna36
New Community Member

I have been given 0 reason or justification as to why I need to provide personal and private information, e.g my passport, birth certificate or proof of address, to resolve my account limitations. I do not want to provide these, as they should not be needed in any case, especially for an online service that is not my bank provider. I am unable to deactivate my account, or make any transactions, without having provided these details. I will not provide these details, and so have a useless and locked account and cannot make another one. I am unable to contact any customer service which is an actual person, instead of a bot: which cannot answer my questions or resolve my issues. The only option I have which is an actual Paypal staff member who may be able to help, is a mobile number. As I have seen on the community complaint forums, many are not able to access this number, pay the phone bill, or do not have the required landline to call it. There is no email or livechat which I can access in order to resolve my complaint. I am now completely unable to use paypal services unless I provide highly confidential information.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

SubjugatedGoyim
New Community Member

I have the same problem, I'm 67 y/o I don't drive anymore so I don't have a license just a proof of age card when I entered that they replied it wasn't current? According to PayPal the reason they want all this info is to weed out Terrorists? Can you believe all this? Well, it's goodbye to Paypal and to think I was with them from the start without a problem. I'm not going to spend a whole day trekking back and forth to the Dept of transport and pay $50 to get another card that's ''current'', they can only push me so far!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.