cannot provide necessary documents to resolve account limitation

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

my account has been limited, but i cannot verify my address because i am still under 18 years of age and all my documents have my parents' names instead of mine. i need to be able to receive money though... what should i do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18 unless Paypal were happy to release it to a parent or guardian for you.
Consider what your goals are in the long-term so that you don’t back yourself into a corner.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

the notification on my account was

• ACCOUNT
    We need additional information to confirm your account details. Until you provide the requested information, some of your account features will be limited.
  • then a link

but when you click on the link you get

We're sorry. That page doesn't exist.

just about what you have come to expect from Paypal.

when I tried to post this with the link, I got this message

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.