can't file dispute and Seller seems to fake account

GERNOT85
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i tried to buy a BBQ on armadadeals.com and it looked all good had great reviews, as soon as i pushed the "checkout" all changed, suddenly the item location looked more like it is in china and the name of the seller changed from armadadeals to "YZ Supply Chain Ltd" the mailaddress seemed very fake as well <removed> so i filed a dispute with Paypal, because of unauthorized use of my account ( i am aware that this is the wrong dispute, but i could not find "report fake sellers" or fraudsters)
Anyway now Paypal closed the dispute and does not allow me to open a new one, therefore i do not really understand how i am protected as a buyer like they always claim (even claimed in the mail with the confirmation).
I am really furios and i am pretty sure this was my last transaction with Paypal since there is better protection if i use my creditcard (Barclays does not argue in cases like this)

I did write an E-Mail to the "Seller" that i want to cancel my order as well but i am not expecting an answer!

I really hope somebody has a clue what i can do to get back my £129,99 GBP (bought the BBQ on Amazon instead will arrive tomorrow without hassle)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GERNOT85 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GERNOT85 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GERNOT85
Contributor
Contributor
Seller was ok after all, it was just confusing because so many different „companies“ where involved (4 in total) and this was just for me something where all my alarmbells went off (sadly only realized after buying) anyway, Seller was not fake, seller did actually after all refunded me! In the end it was me getting nervous (because of previous Experience) too early 😞
Login to Me Too

Jjjj5
Contributor
Contributor
I have just been scammed by these people who are linked to Delaware trading. I can’t understand why this site hasn’t been closed down
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.