buyer protection - item being fake

gracebanks1
New Community Member

I have bought a boomtown ticket from a seller off an app called Vibe tickets, this seller seemed sort of genuine and the only confirmation I had of the ticket was a small picture of the ticket confirmation (he bought 4 tickets) and these tickets were in such high demand people wanted a lot of money, except he was willing to sell me 1 for £220, only 1 aswell.

the tickets aren't released until june and I just had to trust him and send money and he said he will send me the ticket (e ticket) when he receives it, I only have his mobile number, I also couldn't find any social media under his name, he removed his picture off the vibe website and the listing he also sells multiple tickets for other concerts. This was the odd part, I sent the money to the pay pal and it came under a womans name (same last name as him).

im just worried and wondered what would happen if he sent me the ticket in june and it was fake, I don't want to travel 10 hours to a festival for it to be fake so I was wondering that if it was fake what would happen and what I should do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gracebanks1

You are only covered for non- receipt of 'virtual' items and NOT 'item received but not as described'.

So if its an e-ticket you would have downloaded it hence you received it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.