buyer is fraudulently claiming his order was unauthorized on a refunded order..

fender7013
Contributor
Contributor

buyer is fraudulently claiming his order was unauthorized on a refunded order...we agreed to go thru with friends and family instead of goods and services so i refunded him instantly....26 days ago...he received the item in early november and no reported issues until tonight he decides to file a claim with no warning on refunded and closed order. now i am negative balance and have no additional funds to ship my items to my customers...ive decided i will only be communicating direct thru paypal. how long will it be before this is overturned...its obvious attempted fraud. i dealt with a similar issue last year thru goods and services where someone out of nowhere months later requested a refund and it ruined my ability to accept funds and use them to ship and package orders...is there a way to expedite this process due to the obvious nature of this fraud?  they should be able to see that the order was refunded instantly the same day it was made and then the new order was made thru f&f.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fender7013 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item OR item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ASpaniard
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same problem. Have spoken to an agent three times, with no results.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.