buyer dispute

This_isboring
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to keep it simple,

Purchased an item from a seller outside of any platform, used goods and services for protection

The seller was already a bit shifty but in the end the item they sent was broken and wouldn't work,

I contacted the seller they were hostile and just said " It was working when i sent it" which is fully feasible but the point is, it wasn't when i received it.

They used hermes as a courier but the item (a camera) isn't covered by their insurance and i told the seller this and they didn't say much or move towards a resolution.

Started a paypal dispute, went through it, she was hostile about the fact i had done this and said send it back.

Sent it back, with tracking and with hermes as the courier and added the tracking number to the dispute

The seller contacted me saying that she hadn't received it and the tracking number i provided didn't work, yet the tracking said it was delivered 2 days ago and the number works for me.

But paypal has awarded the dispute in her favour, and obviously i have lost the money, the broken item and can't even contact paypal

Can anyone tell me where to go from here? I've read the dispute decision is final and i can't ring paypal, can't get a message from them, no complaint response or confirmation i sent one, it just seems quite unfair

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Jennyhopemarlow
Contributor
Contributor
It’s all about the tracking numbers. I would also ask for proof of delivery from this company. They have to provide something for proof. You call them and ask for their manager and then tell them you need proof and a picture of the item. Tell them to send you that confirmation.
Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
Bless your heart, I wish it was that easy. No contact number and emails are ignored. Their “tracking” service is part of their deception. They kept saying my order was in process for over 2 months, showing no change, then when I tried to cancel, it miraculously was on the way, but of course 10 days after the date PayPal promised me I would get a refund if I had not received it by, crap was sent.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.