buyer dispute

This_isboring
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to keep it simple,

Purchased an item from a seller outside of any platform, used goods and services for protection

The seller was already a bit shifty but in the end the item they sent was broken and wouldn't work,

I contacted the seller they were hostile and just said " It was working when i sent it" which is fully feasible but the point is, it wasn't when i received it.

They used hermes as a courier but the item (a camera) isn't covered by their insurance and i told the seller this and they didn't say much or move towards a resolution.

Started a paypal dispute, went through it, she was hostile about the fact i had done this and said send it back.

Sent it back, with tracking and with hermes as the courier and added the tracking number to the dispute

The seller contacted me saying that she hadn't received it and the tracking number i provided didn't work, yet the tracking said it was delivered 2 days ago and the number works for me.

But paypal has awarded the dispute in her favour, and obviously i have lost the money, the broken item and can't even contact paypal

Can anyone tell me where to go from here? I've read the dispute decision is final and i can't ring paypal, can't get a message from them, no complaint response or confirmation i sent one, it just seems quite unfair

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Mlloyd123
Contributor
Contributor
I am sorry to tell you that PayPay did abolutely nothing. I never received the item and even showed PayPal the tracking was bogus as was the site using the PayPal logo. Scam site is still up and PayPal judged in the sellers favor 3 times. Unfortunately PayPal is not a safe platform to go through. Long story short PayPal did nothing to help me. I will have to go to my bank and show them all the communication from Paypal to get my money back. It has now been almost 30 days.
Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
Internet Crime Complaint Center ... might try them. FBI has a division, but only for online auctions is my understanding. PayPal and Facebook are ruining online commerce, because you can no longer trust what they say it advertise. Their promises of guarantees and supporting customers is only for sellers, not buyers 😢
Login to Me Too

Jennyhopemarlow
Contributor
Contributor
Www.ic3.gov is the Feds. They hardly follow up but it’s worth filling out and send a copy to the shipping company and the sellers info. I can get more info on the seller too.
Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
You’re the nicest person I’ve been in touch with in so long. You truly are blessed and your heart shows it.
Login to Me Too

Mlloyd123
Contributor
Contributor
I also went to the Federal Trade Commission and reported the scam site. I did not report PayPal though. Might should have. Seems like they are helping no one but sellers now.
Login to Me Too

Jennyhopemarlow
Contributor
Contributor
Yes on PayPal. They will censor your comments too.
Login to Me Too

Loosweeguanryan
Contributor
Contributor
How to know which 1 is my acounts
Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
I apologize, but I’m not sure what you are needing ?
Login to Me Too

Jennyhopemarlow
Contributor
Contributor

I’ll help you and try to get in touch with PayPal. I’m reading my Bible and when I’m done I’ll start working on this to give you the info too that you need for a refund. Bless! Jenny <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.