blade 720 drone

blackhawkjess
Contributor
Contributor

Just bought a blade 720 drone from mde commerce , for some reason before i bought the product , there was no negative reviews that i found but after I bought the product  and searched a review , one site appeared and most of the reviews are telling that the product is a scam.  do i need to wait for it to arrive before i  file a dispute or can I cancel my paypal purchase.  knowing from experience that the seller will do everything to stop you from canceling the order.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

blackhawkjess
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the advice kernowlass

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blackhawkjess 

Was it another tat Chinese website?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.
1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great items at 'bargain' prices ie tat.

You can file a dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described but unless the seller agrees to refund then sadly you can't cancel a completed payment.

If you funded your paypal payment via a card issuer then they may help you with a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

blackhawkjess
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the advice kernowlass
Login to Me Too

Adie9121
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Blade 720 after seeing a convincing advert YouTube. £85.00 down the drain by the looks of it! They said fast shipping but I ordered it on 29 September and they are now saying on the 10th October, "your product will be with you in 20 to 25 days"! They supplied a tracking number with Yodel but they have no knowledge of that number?

Looks like I've been scammed!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello Adie9121,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

If you make a purchase through PayPal and you do not receive what you paid for, you can file a claim against that purchase. 

You will find more details here.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Atlas3
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck with that claim

I bought the same item through the same advert and the product that arrived was nothing like the one described.

Paypal just refused the claim and only advised that I should contact my card company.

Paypal just wash their hands of what is a now obvious scam when you read the internet.

Login to Me Too

Adie9121
Contributor
Contributor

Well surprise surprise the item arrived, doesnt work, but here all the same. It seems the Blade 720 drone, made with superior parts is infact an Emotion drone which can be bought off ebay for £28.00. These drones are also marketed as Mavik drones so the advert which many people saw and then purchased the item for a 50% discount at £85.00 is complete lies. The company have said I can have a refund of my £85.00 but I have to return the item to Guandong region China. This costs £60.00 including the insurance and tracking they insist on. Bit much considering there advert saying the item is posted from three uk shipping locations ??? Bunch of lying chineese fu£££wits !!! I suppose we are now back to the old ways where it was buyer beware as it seems we have no protection from these gangsters.

To add insult to injury, theres another adver youtube for a cheap smart phone, it's the same flipping advert with another product, even the same overplay music. Where do these chinese criminals get off????

Login to Me Too

Bigmoneywinner
Contributor
Contributor
This same group of scammers is also advertising the same junk remote controlled toy as the , "Drone X Pro," on YouTube, Facebook, & other websites. They use the name, "perfect remains." The PayPal account is under, "Zestads." These scammers are sophisticated. After a lot of research, I've uncovered several scams they operate using the shroud of PayPal to legitimize the scam. I thought PayPal vetted seller's. They don't. They make money from transactions, so it behooves PayPal to allow anything , anytime, from anywhere, (including China), to process a transaction for profit. We as consumers are like cash cows to scandalous thieves. PayPal is the dairy Farmer who lets in the world to squeeze us for our cash. Their are no safeguards for us really. If these sellers are international they ought to have certain requirements to meet. After reading complaint after complaint regarding these scammers, it's crystalized that PayPal could & should do more to prevent rampant scams using their service, but choking out scammers would ultimately bring down profits for PayPal. So use PayPal knowing that you're on your own. Basically, we consumers are feed for the corporate scum that will do as little as possible to profit at our cost.
Login to Me Too

Atlas3
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal does not make purchases safe even if its obvious afterwards that people have been scammed.

Buyers beware or scams and buyers be aware Paypal are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Originally Paypal would have been the best way to pay for an item but sadly now they are just a commission earning middle man and the corporate thinking is make money move on ignore complaints but say  thank you for contacting paypal is there anything else I can do for you as the tell you they can't do anything, but thanks for calling.

Chargebacks through your card provider under 100 UKL are virtually impossible and the scammers keep their prices under UKL100 for that reason.

Just realise Paypal and scammers are hear to make money and both will ignore your claims as being not valid.

The way to avoid getting scammed is not to buy anything from a new trader or established scammer. Check everything through trust pilot first and never use paypal thinking you have protection against scammers. Never think you can get a chargeback via your card provider unless the amount is over at least UKL 100.

Good luck and be cynical when spending your hard earned money,

Paypal died a few years ago I mourn its passing.

Login to Me Too

colcamper
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem, have stopped payment using Credit Card company.  This is my original complaint to PayPal which was rejected:

"This merchant (ZestAds) used false advertising to receive funds from my credit card. There is no way to contact this merchant. The original transaction email shows the merchant name and web site. When I clicked on the website of both the sellers site and the manufacturers site, they are not legitimate web sites. I have also read complaints in your community section that involves the same seller and the same issues. I have not received any information regarding delivery of item purchased, nor can I contact this seller using the original purchase website nor the one you listed on my invoice. I wish to stop payment and have the funds reversed to my card on file."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.